Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.

AT&T related help: U-verse TV program guide

Bobnoxious's profile

1 Message

Sunday, April 14th, 2024 5:27 PM

Closed

The time for shows on the FOX news network is off by an hour

When I look at the guide, the FOX news channel shows have their scheduled time 1 hour later than what it should be. My brother has another provider and his still shows the usual times on his guide. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

But yesterday, The Five got set to record at 5:00 CT, which was an hour too late, and all Fox News shows for this entire week were also off by one hour - I probably should have taken a pic of the Guide. However, today the problem seems to have miraculously resolved itself. Whatever the cause was, it would be nice to hear some acknowledgement that the problem was found and resolved.

I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

ACE - Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

2 months ago

There's people with AT&T who know about the issue and are working towards a fix.

Unfortunately, nobody knows when the fix is coming... but hopefully it's soon.

3 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

I am in the Central Time Zone. My guide is still wrong. Using the previous example of The Five, it comes on at 4pm CDT. I can still watch the program, but the U-verse Guide shows it at 5pm CDT, which is one hour off. If you attempt to record, U-verse provides an error "Due to last minute scheduling changes, you must manually record this program". You can set a manual record, but you must do it for the show slated in the 4pm slot, not the actual show name on the guide. This also prevents recording of a show as a series.

The question remains, how does this issue get resolved. Who is responsible? ATT U-Verse?? Fox News Channel??

Thanks!

Employee

• 

46 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for the additional details. Looking into it and will advise when I get a response.  

ACE - Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

2 months ago

@Dagmeister -- It's just my guess, but U-Verse gets the guide info from a third party. They typically only pass along what they're fed.

I doubt it's U-Verse.

3 Messages

2 months ago

@baseballisback,

That's just it! We never seem to get a straight answer from our paid provider service. I understand issues happen and things can go awry but at least provide us the consumer with the information. If it is a third party, that's fine, tell us who it is and let us know they are working to resolve the issue. It's always like some sort of mystery, or they never have a straight answer. In this forum, no one has provided how the U-Verse guide is maintained or who maintains it.

Last night sometime, the U-Verse guide for Fox News Channel corrected in my area and that's fine. But how or what happened to basically have a channel in a CDT time zone be on the EDT clock?

All's good now.

Thanks!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

2 months ago

@UVTVguru -- We know. Thanks for being a week late.

As this issue has been fixed, I'm gonna close the thread. We know what happens when threads stay open around here. If it happens again, please feel free to start a new thread.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.