For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
cscavone's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 10th, 2013 4:30 PM

The sound on my TV is all messed up on every channel. I have tried every troubleshooting method and switch HDMI cords to see if that was the problem. Has anyone had similar issues?

The sound on the TV in my room is all messed up on every channel. It works well in the living room and my roommates room. I have tried all troubleshooting methods, resetting everything and even switching the HDMI cord to see if that is the issue. Has anyone had similar problems? I'm thinking i need a new box. We just got the service a week ago so it must be faulty. Any insights would help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

One more thing you might try as it sounds like some of the software got corrupted:

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

1. Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds.
  2. Plug the DVR back in.
  3. When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.
  4. Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.
    • If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above.
    • If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

It won't erase your recordings, but will take awhile to complete.  TV will come back on after it completes the 'normal' reboot, but Guide info and Recordings will take a long time to appear.  Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi cscavone,

Did the advice that mibrnsurg help? Also, one thing worth trying is swapping the boxes around. Since we know it works well in the other rooms, if you plug in this defective box using the same cables and get the same results, we know it's definitely the STB, and we can help replace that. If it works in the other room, there maybe some settings that need to be changed, or quite possibly an issue with the TV. Let us know how it goes, and we would be glad to help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.