Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
dronester1's profile

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

Sun, Dec 21, 2014 6:08 PM

The CW??

Apparently this is nationwide. I've heard the baloney answers given by AT&T, bu t it makes absolutely no sense for them to black-out a station with Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Flash, and countless other ultra-popular series! We have around 50 Spanish speaking channels, as well as Al-Jazeera but not a highly popular US channel like theCW. It's inconceivable! This is obviously a rant, because they won't listen to me or any of us.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

 • 

1.1K Messages

7 y ago

Please visit AT&T U-verse Channel Lineup to see which channel the CW is on in your area!

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.6K Messages

7 y ago


@dronester1 wrote:
Apparently this is nationwide. I've heard the baloney answers given by AT&T, bu t it makes absolutely no sense for them to black-out a station with Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Flash, and countless other ultra-popular series! We have around 50 Spanish speaking channels, as well as Al-Jazeera but not a highly popular US channel like theCW. It's inconceivable! This is obviously a rant, because they won't listen to me or any of us.

Where are you located?  If you live in an area where The CW is a sub-channel (ie: 34.1 or 27.2) then you won't get it because ATT doesn't carry sub-channels. 

 

Here in Dallas, our CW is channel 33 or 9/1009 on Uverse.

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.6K Messages

7 y ago

Where are you located?

cormaster

Mentor

 • 

67 Messages

7 y ago

I'm in indy and cbs is moving to channel 4, and cw is moving to channel 4.2 come January. So uverse won't pick it up? Why not? Are they mentally challenged? No reason whatsoever to not pick it up. I might pick up Comcast!

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Corpus Christi, TX

Sent from my HTC on T-Mobile 4G LTE

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

7 y ago

On cable it's channel 16. Dunno about over the air.

Sent from my HTC on T-Mobile 4G LTE

ACE - Expert

 • 

20.6K Messages

7 y ago


@dronester1 wrote:
Corpus Christi, TX

Sent from my HTC on T-Mobile 4G LTE

It would appear that the CW is channel 13.2 OTA in Corpus. 

 

Unless something changes, you are out of luck.  But you can always watch it with an antenna.

cormaster

Mentor

 • 

67 Messages

7 y ago

I don't understand why at&t won't pick it up just because it's digital. Comcast is. They've already said it'll be channel 249. Why won't uverse just pick up up too? Apparently they want to loose customers! Arrow and Flash are too good of shows to just say "oh well" and move on.

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

7 y ago

There's a lot more than Flash and Arrow going on...

Sent from my HTC on T-Mobile 4G LTE
dhascall

ACE - Master

 • 

9.8K Messages

7 y ago


@cormaster wrote:
I don't understand why at&t won't pick it up just because it's digital.Comcast is. They've already said it'll be channel 249. Why won'tuverse just pick up up too? Apparently they want to loose customers! Arrow and Flash are too good of shows to just say "oh well" and move on.

1. This is not cable, it is IPTV.  There is a huge difference, infrastructure wise when it comes to adding new channels.  Too little time to jot it all down but Comcast can just cram it in and take bandwidth away from the others.  IPTV is more like a switchboard - you must add lines, places to lug them into and such.

 

2.@cormaster - no issue now as WISH announced on 12/22 that they have landed rights to carry the CW, effective Jan 1.

Contributor

 • 

2 Messages

6 y ago

I just talked to one of their people about this.  Apparently they are in contract negotiations.  I told him just to pay it and give me the channel.  It is not like I am not paying enough for their service.  I am in West Michigan and AT&T seems like the only carrier that doesn't have it.  I looked on CW's website and Direct TV, Comcast, and Charter all carry the CW.  The guy told me that they would solve it within the next month or two but that doesn't really help now.  They are giving me a credit for a movie for the inconvience (aka to shut me up).  Since I moved AT&T has been nothing but a headache.  Hey AT&T just pay it!  You have the money.  Just give them what they want!  Everyone else has!  Side note: He told me I could watch the shows at uverse.com which is definately not true.  I wish I could get ahold of someone high up the food chain, but of course that will never happen.  Probably can watch it at cw.com.  Get it together.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

 • 

24.4K Messages

6 y ago


@AnnoyedKyleD wrote:

I just talked to one of their people about this.  Apparently they are in contract negotiations.  I told him just to pay it and give me the channel.  It is not like I am not paying enough for their service.  I am in West Michigan and AT&T seems like the only carrier that doesn't have it.  I looked on CW's website and Direct TV, Comcast, and Charter all carry the CW.  The guy told me that they would solve it within the next month or two but that doesn't really help now.  They are giving me a credit for a movie for the inconvience (aka to shut me up).  Since I moved AT&T has been nothing but a headache.  Hey AT&T just pay it!  You have the money.  Just give them what they want!  Everyone else has!  Side note: He told me I could watch the shows at uverse.com which is definately not true.  I wish I could get ahold of someone high up the food chain, but of course that will never happen.  Probably can watch it at cw.com.  Get it together.


Sometimes I think these guys open their script book to a random page and just start reading.

 

TheCW affiliate in your area is likely on a Digital Subchannel.  Except in special circumstances, U-verse does not carry programming on subchannels.  The most common of those special circumstances is the subchannel being the only channel available for one of the top four networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC).

 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.