C

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 3:02 PM

Closed

When are you going to resolve the problem with TEGNA?

When are you going to resolve the problem with TEGNA?  It's disrupting my service in watching WFSS (channel 8 - ABC) in my area.  Customers should not have to deal with the petty problems between Uverse and TEGNA.  Work it out or lose a long time subscriber.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

@vickiwest3 

AT&T and Tegna remain in negotiations. In the meantime, log in to your account manager and you should see a $20 credit available. If you don't see that, call 800-288-2020 and ask for one.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

NBC IS NOT AVAILABLE IN PHOENIX effective 12/1.  The message  says that directv is been unable to reach a resolution with TEGNA.  I know i can stream programs but why would i want to watch today's TODAY show tomorrow or on a delay.  

Ive expressed my concern to TEGNA as well.  

No need for baseballisback to provide a snarky response about streaming or netflix or roku.  I get it.  

I understand contract negotiations.  I also understand compromise and the value of customer satisfaction.  My concern is that AT&T doesn't. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled NBC is not available in Phoenix.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

If AT&T capitulates to what TEGNA wants to charge them to carry their feeds, then expect your bill to increase higher than what you want.

You can always switch providers but they too will probably go thru a similar hardball scheme with their affiliate owners (Sinclair, Nexstar, etc).

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

@wilsonkjm , it happens with all carriers and all TV stations... but not at the same time.  The rep you spoke to may or may not understand the script she was repeating.  It's not happening with Spectrum today, but Spectrum and Tegna have an agreement that they will have to renegotiate in the next 3 years (or less) and this same sort of thing is likely to happen then.  Same with Comcast, Dish, etc.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

Dish (including Sling) is currently in disputes with HBO, Sinclair, Nexstar and others.

They've been without HBO for several years.

Because Sinclair owns sports channels, it could be a while until they agree with them. Charlie Ergen, a big-wig at Dish, has said that it could be a while until they carry regional sports channels again.

They entered a blackout with Nexstar a day or two ago.

They are also in disputes with other companies.

No provider is immune from disputes.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I totally agree. We can't get NBC or KONG. I don't know why they think it's okay to punish us. I'm not getting days of our lives@$!#

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

If the channels I was promised are not available then cancel my account! Tired of being charged for a package of local channels and you not insuring that they are available.. you have breached the contract!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Channels not available that is part of the package I pay for

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I agree with the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I agree with the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Am I eligible for a reduction in my monthly bill now that channel 3 is being blocked;  this is a large inconvenience for me as I only like to watch channel 3 news.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled channel 3 block

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

Call CS and ask.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So I am beyond irritated that I no longer have CBS. I really don’t want to have to leave the company but if I am paying for a service and mid way through my first year a channel that I frequently use is blacked out I have no use for the service if I have to now find another way to watch those shows. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled CBS

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

Bear in mind that all providers must negotiate with station owners.  None are exempt.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.