texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 7:42 PM

SWRV - Music Video Channel

On page 8 of the Spring 2011 UGuide, it mentions a new music video channel that will be added along with the Music Choice App on April 1st.  The new channel will be SWRV, and it will available in both SD (channel 501) and HD (channel 1501).  The link below from Wikipedia describes the channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWRV

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

I now see the channels shown below in the Guide with the following message:

Don't Just Watch.  SWRV is the first 24/7 interactive music network where you call the shots.  Your favorite music videos. Your pictures. Your comments. All on TV!  Channel 501 and HD on Channel 1501 starting on April 1st.

501 - SWRV

1501 - SWRV HD

Scholar

• 

182 Messages

13 years ago

I also noticed SWRV HD in the lastest ATT Guide.  It sure doesnt sound like anything that i will be watching.  I would much rather have BBCA and NatWild.  Just my opinnion.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

You're in luck!  BBC America is channel 188 and NatGeo Wild is channel 266.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

Sounds like an interesting channel especially if it's just music videos and no commercials/interuptions. Something the wife would love for sure which is always a good thing. What is the U-Guide? Is it free to all customers? How often does it come out?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

U-Guide is supposed to be free for all customers--there is a long history of posts where some never received it, some have always received it, some received it, then it stopped/started/or never started again.

If you call in to request it, you'll most likely hear they don't know what it is, or if they do, they'll put you on the mailing list, and you may or may not ever see it. Smiley Sad

It used to be monthly, now it is quarterly.  It's mostly ads for ATTs services and offers, upcoming features/programs, and a pull-out channel guide for YOUR market.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

I wonder if they cut it back to quarterly in part because of some of the comments we made about it here in the forum?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Could be; guilty as charged. Smiley Wink

I think quarterly is better, but the fact remains that everyone still does not receive it.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

I know.

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

So, if this not one those April Fool jokes or rumors. ATT will finally dump Urge Music and bring back via an Music Choice App and added their SWRV SD/HD Channel. This will be good news for everyone.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Very cool ATT.  Thanks for posting that TG.Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.