AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
drc1119's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 14, 2014 5:49 PM

Suggestions for U-Verse

I think there should be a few things added to AT&T U-Verse:

• A Youtube Application
  • A Netflix Application
  • An Internet Browser Application
  • Health Channels added to On Deman (i.e. Discovery Health, The Health Channel, etc.)
dhascall

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@drc1119 wrote:

I think there should be a few things added to AT&T U-Verse:

• A Youtube Application
Would love it!  I've suggested it before but the apps have been of low quality, except Media Share.
  • A Netflix Application
I used to think that this would never work as Netflix would be a direct competitor with AT&T U-Verse's VoD service BUT the Amazon Fire TV has a Netflix app.  They are direct competitors.  So, why not?  I know what it is - AT&T does not my share my vision, lol.

• An Internet Browser Application
Been asking for this, since 2008!  If they can put it on WebTV (10 yaer old technology), why not UV?

• Health Channels added to On Deman (i.e. Discovery Health, The Health Channel, etc.)
Never had Discovery VoD and no signs that will be changing.
Good suggestions!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Now that I think of it, Netflix may be a direct competitor, but if U-Verse had it integrated into their app system, they would get more customers purchasing their TV service, as many people LOVE Netflix, and they would adore the built-in Netflix system. I may be just speculating (Don't judge, I'm in high school; I dont know a lot of things) but it might be better for them to set up netflix on their server. It might make them a lot of money.

dhascall

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@drc1119 wrote:

Now that I think of it, Netflix may be a direct competitor, but if U-Verse had it integrated into their app system, they would get more customers purchasing their TV service, as many people LOVE Netflix, and they would adore the built-in Netflix system. I may be just speculating (Don't judge, I'm in high school; I dont know a lot of things) but it might be better for them to set up netflix on their server. It might make them a lot of money.

No judging here @drc1119 - keep your mind geared toward innovation, as America needs bright minds, going forward!  I agree 100% with your suggestion of integrating Netflix.  Sadly the world is full of shortsided folk who will immediately dismiss ideas like this, out of hand.  "Nope, it will never work.  Denied!"  But it could work.  AT&T did come to terms with Netflix on access to the speedier servers, so there is wiggle room but do not hold your breath, lol.

As for your earlier suggestions, stay tuned.  U-Verse runs on a client called Mediaroom that was once owned by Microsoft.  They recently sold the platform to Ericsson and Ericsson has promised a renewed emphasis on developing it.  That said - AT&T has been known for dismissing options within the platform, such as using a PC as a STB.  so who knows what, if anything, new will make it to U-Verse.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@drc1119 wrote:

Only reason ATT would do it is to make money, not to give us 'better service'.  Personally have no interest in Netflix, believe there's only a handfull of movies made after 1995 that I'd care about.

Too many 'remakes' (the original was better in most cases), blah blah 1,2,3..., only the 1st would have been any good, etc.

If they charge everyone more for it, NO.  If you have to pay more for the app, go for it. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

dhascall

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@drc1119 wrote:

Only reason ATT would do it is to make money, not to give us 'better service'.  Personally have no interest in Netflix, believe there's only a handfull of movies made after 1995 that I'd care about.

Too many 'remakes' (the original was better in most cases), blah blah 1,2,3..., only the 1st would have been any good, etc.

If they charge everyone more for it, NO.  If you have to pay more for the app, go for it. 😉

Well Chris - our personal feelings aside, there are gazillions using Netflix......  Not me either, BTW.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.