Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
SloppyRoydRage's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 5th, 2015 2:32 AM

Suggested Enhancements for U-verse

1. Ability to hide/add channel to favorites and/or channel list using one-click (or via a web page).
  2. Ability to setup profiles via web page for each set-top box instead of modifying each device manually.
  3. Create a "profile" to sign into so your channel lineups/favorites roam with you.
  4. Sleep-timer or no activity sensor that will turn set-top off after x hours.
  5. Admin/Parental App to see what other TVs in the household are watching.
  6. Instead of interrupting an HD stream, give option to view SD channel if available.
  7. Update remotes to work with Soundbars. Logitech can manage multiple devices, why not AT&T?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@sirfrsher wrote:

I would like them to add a Pandora Radio app on the U-verse STBs just like DirecTV has done in 2014. Even Spotify would be nice. I'm pretty sure Comcast Xfinity or Google Fiber has a Netflix application on their STBs as well.

Right on, however, there is a big "however" coming up, @sirfrsher .  AT&T just signed on with something called Stingray.  Their app is live now and I'm not impressed.  There are 100 channels and they are chock full of artists that you know singing songs that you don't, or even worse, artists that you don't know at all.  We have a sneaky suspicion that this contract is what killed Media Share.  At some point in March, the 45 or so Music Choice Choice channels will be replaced with 75 Stingray music channels.  If the playlists / direction that they are taking holds true, there will be a revolt like what happened when U-Verse had Urge.  Now back to Pandora,  I doubt Stingray would allow AT&T to offer Pandora.

Spotify?  Nice too but I bet that would require Spotify Premium.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

#5 is a good thing to have, even if you don't need it for parental control; it can show you wnat is on in case there is an upcoming recording conflict, especially if the conflict is being caused by an STB being on that you thought was turned off.

Doesn't #6 already exist if you have a 3/1 profile?  When mine was 3/1, I thought it warned me that a conflict was coming up with trying to record 4 HD shows at once.

Meanwhile, at the top of my wish list is slow motion / frame-by-frame advance, followed closely by subchannels.  I don't see why that is so hard to implement.  (At the top of my "pipe dream" list, on the other hand, is getting U-Verse to work with TiVo somehow; the main problem is, TiVo doesn't work too well with technologies that only send a limited number of signals at a time.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.