Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
SloppyRoydRage's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 5th, 2015 2:32 AM

Suggested Enhancements for U-verse

1. Ability to hide/add channel to favorites and/or channel list using one-click (or via a web page).
  2. Ability to setup profiles via web page for each set-top box instead of modifying each device manually.
  3. Create a "profile" to sign into so your channel lineups/favorites roam with you.
  4. Sleep-timer or no activity sensor that will turn set-top off after x hours.
  5. Admin/Parental App to see what other TVs in the household are watching.
  6. Instead of interrupting an HD stream, give option to view SD channel if available.
  7. Update remotes to work with Soundbars. Logitech can manage multiple devices, why not AT&T?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

also, be able to watch what we recorded on our tablets,phones, pc.s as well, it is idiotic that we cannot. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@SloppyRoydRage 

1.  Can just plug in the channel # when hiding and will jump to that channel.  Favorites are useless to me, just make the Guide your favorite.  Can always plug in the channel # for any other channel.

4.  TV's usually have a sleep timer, the Uverse unit will go 'off' in 8 hours of no input.

6.  Just plug in the SD channel # you want to go to.

7.  You can't make a $5 remote do what the Harmonys can do.  Just get a Harmony if you want a Harmony.  Or just use the soundbar's own remote it there is one. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

• 1. That's easy to do if you know the channel; but if you're browsing and you come upon a channel, you have to go through a dozen remote keystrokes to hide the channel.
  • 4. Incorrect. The newest U-verse boxes stay on. (Motorola VIP 1200)
  • 6. Again, not the point. Ease-of-use, especially for kids or those less technologically inclined should be the target audience.
  • 7. I have and I do. But i can also buy a $5 remote that does all devices. If U-verse is going to require a set-top for each TV, thus requiring a new remote, it should be functional.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@SloppyRoydRage wrote:
Ability to hide/add channel to favorites and/or channel list using one-click (or via a web page).

Agreed!  Been suggesting the web page setup for eons!

Ability to setup profiles via web page for each set-top box instead of modifying each device manually.
Yes, would be nice. Why not for each box and each user?  i.e. "Is this Mrs. Dave or plain ol' Dave?"
Create a "profile" to sign into so your channel lineups/favorites roam with you.
See above.
Sleep-timer or no activity sensor that will turn set-top off after x hours.
It will after 8 hours.  I would not like that feature as sometimes I leave my TV on for my dog and it times out.
Admin/Parental App to see what other TVs in the household are watching.
You may not know about forum user Somejoe7777 and his U-Verse Realtime software but IIRC, it can do that.  I believe that U-Verse could develop something like that, with reports and notices and such, i.e. "on the kids STB, someone watched Bangkok Desire," etc.

Instead of interrupting an HD stream, give option to view SD channel if available.
Yep, yep.
Update remotes to work with Soundbars. Logitech can manage multiple devices, why not AT&T?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@bbrosen01 wrote:

also, be able to watch what we recorded on our tablets,phones, pc.s as well, it is idiotic that we cannot. 

Hi @bbrosen01 - can you tell me what companies allow you to watch your DVR via apps, phones and such?  One DBS company had an optional DVR with Slingbox installed but thought that was a unique installation?

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

Dedicated buttons on the Remote Control for Search and Favorites.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@SloppyRoydRage wrote:
  • 1. That's easy to do if you know the channel; but if you're browsing and you come upon a channel, you have to go through a dozen remote keystrokes to hide the channel.
  • 4. Incorrect. The newest U-verse boxes stay on. (Motorola VIP 1200)
  • Have not heard that one.  Supposedly in order to get some Energy Star compliance, UV boxes turn off after 8 hours.  Can others confirm?
  • 6. Again, not the point. Ease-of-use, especially for kids or those less technologically inclined should be the target audience.
  • 7. I have and I do. But i can also buy a $5 remote that does all devices. If U-verse is going to require a set-top for each TV, thus requiring a new remote, it should be functional.

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

Hi @bbrosen01 - can you tell me what companies allow you to watch your DVR via apps, phones and such?  One DBS company had an optional DVR with Slingbox installed but thought that was a unique installation?

Dish Network has that option.  They also make the Slingbox.  

I bought the Slingbox M1 and I can watch recorded or live shows anywhere.  It works with Uverse fine.

The M1 uses a virtual remote control and mirrors whatever is on the TV screen connected to the receiver.   You can't watch different programs on your home TV and your tablet or pc.  Dish has something called the Hopper and that does allow you to  watch different programs on tv and device.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Dish just introduced a new stand alone web service - sling TV - It does not require dish service or equipment,

The only issue/question is price vs. channel selection - http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/dish-network-ott-webtv-sling-tv/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I would like them to add a Pandora Radio app on the U-verse STBs just like DirecTV has done in 2014. Even Spotify would be nice. I'm pretty sure Comcast Xfinity or Google Fiber has a Netflix application on their STBs as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.