Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
wschools's profile
wschools
Helpful 1
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Feb 19, 2015 1:48 AM

Smart Hub Update Disabling Uverse TV Reception

Whenever my Samsung TV Smart Hub starts an update, I lose reception on my Uverse TV receiver. I cannot find a way to diasable the automatic Smart Hub updater. I found one procedure on line but my Smart Hub menus do not offer the options which are given in this procedure. Perhaps the procedure is for European models? Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, what can I do to prevent it?

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

7 y ago

Are both the TV & STB connected wireless? Connect one or both wired. Isuppose that would not be easy.

Is it easy to turn on/off the wireless on the TV? That would disable the update, but, you would have to turn it back on to stream.

what is model number of the TV?

wschools

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Both connections are wired as I distrust wireless connections. The Samsung Smart TV model is UN46ES7100F. Thank you for your prompt reply!
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

7 y ago

Do you have a switch to give you more cat5 connections than available on the RG? It is usually not a good idea to mix TV and internet on the same switch.

Samsung is usually good for manuals, but I did not find one & the docs are not helping. I suggest you contact samsung.

I did have a thought - can the update be made with a memory sticck connected physically. If so, is it an option on the TV? Is set to manual it would not comm auto over the internet.

wschools

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Hi, ACE – Master. I have only one CAT-5 connection available on both the STB and TV.
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

7 y ago

RE: I have only one CAT-5 connection available on both the STB and TV.

Yes, each should be seperately wired back to one of the four connections on the RG.

Also, see previous post for edit.

Is the  STB fed COAX?

wschools

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

What is the RG you refer to?
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

7 y ago

re: What is the RG you refer to?

The RG is the first component in the house (aka modem). It takes the base u-verse signal & distributes TV, Internet & voice.

TV is COAX or cat5. (wireless receivers are fed cat5 to a WAP)

Interrnet is cat5 or wireless (you could try the TV connection wireless, just to try it)

If your TV service is COAX to the  STB & you connected the TV network jack to the STB network jack - that is a config that usually works, even though it is not supported. Could be your problem.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

7 y ago

I have a Samsung TV.  To stop auto update press the tool button on the remote.  Scroll down to the support area and click on it.  One of the options will be update. Click on that and you will see an option that says auto update.  Turn that off and the tv will not update.  If you turn it off you will have to check yourself for new updates.  If a firmware update comes up you will see a pop up asking if you want to update now or later.  Click on later and then go to the update screen and update when you want to.  AT&T has nothing to do with Samsung updates.  Hope this helps.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.