For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
S

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 21st, 2021 9:50 PM

Signal lost EVERY NIGHT @ 2:01AM

I’ve had U-verse for years and have dealt with a few issues along the way. However, for the past 2-3 months, my upstairs tv with wireless receiver will be working fine until the clock strikes 2:01am EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Most nights I am able to reboot the receiver and carry on. However, it lost the signal several days ago (right on schedule @2:01!) and I cannot get the signal to reconnect.

I have followed the TV prompts to reset the gateway by holding the WPS button for 10 seconds and follow by pushing “OK” on the receiver. No change. I am then prompted to hold the power button on the receiver for 10 seconds—did that, and nothing. I am caught in an endless loop of resetting the receiver, it tries to reset and fails. I also tried resetting the router, but that didn’t change anything on the problematic tv. I tried resetting the DVR, but that didn’t help either. 

I am at a complete loss. There’s been no recent change within the house or the neighboring house. So, why in the world is the signal lost EVERY NIGHT @ 2:01am?!? Is this some kind of weird Twilight Zone thing happening, do I have a poltergeist, why is it happening?? Most importantly,  what can I do to regain my connection to U-verse on this tv? Please help! Many thanks for any assistance!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

3 years ago

Have you tried resetting the WAP (the box that your receiver communicates with)?  If you haven't lost power in a long time, you might also consider turning off the Gateway, WAP and DVR and other receivers, then turning them back on and waiting while they boot up in this order:

1. Gateway
  2. WAP
  3. DVR
  4. Receivers

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The exact same thing happens to me.  I can literally set my watch by it.  It takes about 20 minutes for service to resume after this.  About 4 years on now.  I have spoken to AT&T about it but of course they cannot provide a solution.  I have seen other posts about this as well. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

3 years ago

@melissatrv , do you also have a wireless box that this is happening to or is yours wired?  Do you have more than one TV?  If so, is it happening to all at the same time?

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

Same happens to me. Like clockwork.   I've tried cycling power as JefferMC suggests and sometimes still have the issue after these power resets.  It eventually clears up and UVERSE returns.  I have been told that it is update checks by UVERSE and are being done more frequently due to phase out of UVERSE.  Funny, I pay for the service so shouldn't I expect reliable service instead of a daily failure?  I've had all equipment replaced and my lines have been checked multiple times with no problems found.  Of course, it happens consistently outside of hours so I don't have any real problem resolution efforts by any support representative.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 months ago

@Srmertell  do you also have AT&T Internet?  Does it have issues at the same time this is going on?  Have you looked at the statistics on the Broadband tab of your Gateway at http://192.168.1.254/ ?

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

@JefferMC Yes, I have ATT internet also.  I've been an ATT user for 20 plus years. 

During these incidents, only UVERSE TV is impacted.  All other services are functional. ATT outage reports are NONE for my area using the website query.  Smart home manager reports no issue with internet. 

Also, when this happens, I have found no issue successfully streaming on apps like Netflix, Prime, or other streaming apps.  So I suspect broadband is absolute and stable.  What would I look for in the statistics?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 months ago

Assuming not fiber: I would be looking for CRC error counts or extremely high ECC error counts, and if there were any of those, then looking at sync rates, attenuation, Noise Margins, etc.  If you're not having streaming errors, probably nothing in the statistics.  

Also, OP seemed to have an issue with ONE wireless receiver... is it the same with you?

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

Not fiber.  On two of two wireless receivers, if one fails so does the other. Both have been replaced along with WAP, more than once.  One of the recent ATT tech said no new equipment is being made available, all of it's refurbished.  Said ATT trying to force customers to DIRECT streaming. However with no fiber available in my neighborhood yet, not a good option for me.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

11 months ago

No new equipment is being manufactured.  No new orders have been accepted for the service for 3 years.  AT&T is strongly suggesting people switch to DIRECTV streaming, though "force" is too strong a word.  At some point they will not be able to continue running U-verse IPTV and they will shut it down.  But today is not yet that day.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I don't have wireless receivers.

If you have two wireless receivers having the problem in tandem, but your (wired) DVR is not, then that leaves the 5 GHz Wi-Fi channels in your home, the WAP and the connection between the Gateway and the WAP.

If it's happening at the same time each day, then it makes little sense that it would be the connection between the Gateway and the WAP, unless there's a switch or something between there that might get busy doing something else.  Is WAP connected to the Gateway via a single Ethernet cable?

I also don't think the WAP itself should be going bonkers at the same time each day.

Which leaves us with the 5 GHz channels.  I don't suppose you have a phone that it set to backup to G-drive every morning at the same time and uses the 5 GHz Wi-Fi?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.