For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
schult461's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 11th, 2014 12:57 AM

Season + Episode information?

Is it possible to make it somebody's priority to add the season and episode number at the top of the info or guide information for the show?

It's horribly frustrating trying to figure out if I've watched a show, or what order I should watch my recorded episodes in, particularly if I'm behind on a show and catching up on reruns that weren't recorded necessarily in order.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Some do, some don't.  The info is there, it's up to the Guide Provider / "cable" company to include it or not.

Just for shiggles I checked a few other TV poroviders to see if they offer that info.  I do not subscribe to them but I used their online Guide:

For my experiment, I used "How I met your mother," tonight (1/13) on CBS.

Comcast: has S#E# (S9/E14)

Time Warner: Did not

Bright House: Did Not (looked like TW's)

DirectTV: has S#E#

How I Met Your Mother

NEW

S09, E14
Marshall tells a story about the Slap of a Million Exploding Suns as he tries to deliver a final, devastating slap to Barney.

CC

TV-14  (D,L)
8:00 - 8:30 PM WISH (8)

Guru

• 

622 Messages

10 years ago

@schult461 wrote:

Is it possible to make it somebody's priority to add the season and episode number at the top of the info or guide information for the show?

It's horribly frustrating trying to figure out if I've watched a show, or what order I should watch my recorded episodes in, particularly if I'm behind on a show and catching up on reruns that weren't recorded necessarily in order.

This usually isn't made available to the companies doing the listings.

You could always go to Wikipedia, or TV.Com, or The Futon Critic; pretty much every TV show has a listing in broadcast order with episode titles, broken down by season (although The Futon Critic just lists episodes by airdate and denotes which ones aren't reruns), so all you need to do is to look up the episode title.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

Uverse itself provides this information using the iPad interface, so they have to have it somewhere. It's a simple matter of programming (SMOP) to transfer it to the TV interface.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Huh, maybe the ipad interface is how I should be doing it all, then.

I came from a TiVo for the past few years and the S#E# was always available and I have come to expect it.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

@schult461 wrote:

This usually isn't made available to the companies doing the listings.

You could always go to Wikipedia, or TV.Com, or The Futon Critic; pretty much every TV show has a listing in broadcast order with episode titles, broken down by season (although The Futon Critic just lists episodes by airdate and denotes which ones aren't reruns), so all you need to do is to look up the episode title.

It usually is but it is up to the Guide Provider what to do with it.  Most strip it out of normal listings.  There could be a place for it under the info button - someone was asking in another thread for links to IMdB and such, and again, the info button would bve a greeat place for the extra data.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I checked the iPad app and the treatment of season + episode information is a mess.   The information is there in the guide.  It's listed in the 'upcoming scheduled recordings' information.  Unfortunately, it's only available on a few of the shows that have been recorded (even though those shows have the information in the scheduled recording info.)

Just put it next to the name of the episode, a simple S#E#.  It doesn't take up much space, and is useful information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.