J

• 

36 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2020 7:31 AM

S-20 remote control

This has to be the WORST remote control I have ever used! Who designed it? A kindergarten kid?

I could go through a whole list of deficiencies but I am sure that list exists here somewhere already.

The question is, can I replace this with some aftermarket version that is more usable?

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Some of the high-end Logitech Harmony remotes will work fine with U-verse. Also, have you tried using the Auto Code setup procedure?

Program Remote for TV or Audio Device Using Auto Code Search

Use this method to program your remote for TV or Audio device brands that do not appear in the popular brand chart. Before you get started, please be sure to remove the protective battery strip and ensure the device to be programmed is powered on.

Point the remote directly at the device you are trying to control/program. Press the Menu and OK keys simultaneously for three seconds until the Power key flashes red twice to confirm that you are in Program mode.

Press the On Demand key to program your TV or the Interactive key to program your audio device.

While pointing the remote at your TV, press and hold down the Fast Forward key. It may take a few minutes for the device to respond.

Choose one:

TV programming: Let go of the Fast Forward key as soon as the TV turns off. Press the Power button to turn the TV back on.

Audio device programming: Let go of the Fast Forward key when the device mutes. Press Mute to unmute the device. Use the volume keys to verify that the remote control is controlling the volume.

If it does not work properly, repeat this process.

Note: When using Auto Code Search, the remote will test a code and flash the Power key once every three seconds to give you time for your device to respond and for you to release the key.

If TV programming is interrupted or inactive for more than 10 seconds, the Power key will flash one long blink and exit programming mode. This means the remote has returned to normal operation without saving changes.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

You asked for alternate remotes, I pointed you in a direction; do some research. When in the field, I saw the Harmony remotes used in several homes to control U-verse and other equipment. I haven't seen a definitive list of alternate remotes for U-verse; maybe others here will chime in. Such a list would almost certainly not be a "official" AT&T product. Also, these forums are made up of users helping users, this isn't AT&T support. You can call 800.288.2020 and try to find some official guidance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.