Casey26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 8:50 PM

Closed

REMOTE WON'T TURN TV OFF

My ATT S30 will only turn the tv on but on off.  When I press power to turn it off, I get the scenery screen which says press OK to watch tv.  If I press power again, the tv comes back on.  Technical support does not seem to understand the issue.  Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

When powering off your equipment (TV & receiver),  the Uverse remote has to complete each job separately.  When you move the remote away too quickly, you are not giving it time to do both jobs. 

When you press the POWER button, continue to hold the remote still for about 3 secs.  That will give it time to turn off BOTH the TV & the receiver.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

4 years ago

You can not pickup the TV remote and turn your TV off?  I always keep my TV remote handy.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the exact same problem with mine and holding down the power button for 3 seconds does not work either. Very frustrating. Spent over 3 hours on the phone between ATT and Sansung. Nobody was able to help. 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just solved my problem. My wife put up some fall decorations and I realized this is when the problem started. I found that she blocked the TV eye so I moved the decorations and remote now turns off the TV. Problem solved. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this problem also. I solve it by following the three step QUICK SETUP steps listed on the back battery cover of the remote unit. I had tried a lot of system resets with no success. The three QUICK SETUP steps fixed the issue in just a few seconds - good luck!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

CL new member

I have the exact same problem and also my volume will not work.  I have tried the three QUICK SETUP step and it did not work.  Holding down the power button for 3 seconds does not work either, very frustrating.     

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This same issue just happened to me last night. I've tried all suggestions above and nothing is working. Any other suggestions?   

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Do a hard reset!  Hold the reset button several seconds until the resetting is displayed on screen.  Complete setting up your account.  Again! You have to hold the reset button approximately 20 seconds, a one second hold will only do a soft reset.  You need a hard reset.  

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

2 years ago

Please don't respond to old threads.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.