For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
hayes5454's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 12th, 2017 9:05 PM

Closed

Remote turns tv off but not on

I programmed my remote several times trying all the codes and the volume works and it turns the tv off but will not turn the tv on.  I have a samsung television.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

7 years ago

This is going to sound strange, but can the TV's own remote still turn the TV on and off?  This could determine if the problem is with the remote or the TV.

You wouldn't think that the "infrared code" for turning a TV on would be different than the one for turning it off.

Question: what else is hooked up to the TV, and have you noticed it also turn on or off when you turn the TV on or off?  Samsung's Anynet+ system might have something to do with it, although to be honest, I have never heard of another device affecting the TV - just the TV affecting other devices.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

Interesting that you bring up the role the remote might play in this. I did, in fact, recently get two new remotes which I have been using on only one of the three TVs (my wife and I each have one) and the inability to record four HD channels did start at about the same time. However, both remotes will turn the TV off and/or on without any problem. I think you might be onto something though.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue with a new Visio tv. I resynchs the remote with the tv, still just turns tv off, not on

Suggestions?

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Zonegate

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As per AT&T Community Guidelines, we will have to close this thread, as it is 4 years old. We would request you to post it as a new conversation.

Have a great day!

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.