Community99's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 19th, 2014 12:58 AM

Recording playback is unavailable

Watching recordings worked fine until recently.  Tonight all kinds for problems with "STOPPED"

I hit OK

I hit Resume play

then after a long pause, it starts up

then after a short pause, it freeses again.  

then after another pause, were are back to the Recording playback is unavailable again.  

I've tried this 6 times with no significant change.  

Regular TV is OK.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi Community99, to perform this, unplug the power for the Gateway device and leave unplugged. Then unplug your TV receivers (starting with DVR). After the last one is unplugged for about 15 seconds, go ahead and replug your devices starting with the Gateway. If done correctly, this will refresh your network and most likely allow the DVR features to come back! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Restart your entire system including your RG & DVR.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Community99 

Just checking up on your post. Sorry to hear the DVR services haven't been working but the advice @skeeterintexas shared should help resolve this sort of problem. Have the recording features come back up since you restarted the equipment?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have 5 TVs.  What are the steps needed to shut down the entire system?  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you.  Thank you Thank you.  It worked.  Smiley LOL

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am hoping this works for me as well.  Not so sure.  It was weird that around a few hours ago my system totally rebooted on uverse.  Or the router.  And then I got a message maybe a few minutes after it all came up saying 'you're watching live tv now because no enough tuners' or something to that sort.  So I am following these instructions.  I rebooted the DVR and systems numerous times but this time I unplugged them all and followed this step by step instruction.  I can see recordings but I can watch one maybe between 30 seconds to 4 minutes before it reports the system or dvr lost network connection.  Since this has happened on 3 systems I suspect its the DVR.  Now my TV's are just sitting with the spiral spinning and 'Press Ok to watch tv' and nothing is working.  Maybe I need to give it 30 mins or so?  Obviously my internet is working and so is my phone. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Ok Even weirder.  As soon as I said that I get audio from Uverse but still the TV is showing the spiral spinning and no video.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

This seem to fix it for me as well.  The last issue with the Audio / No Video I had to turn off the tv and hit power on the receiver which I think makes the receiver go into stand by and turns off the TV.  Once it was back on I got Video / Audio and after 5 mins I suspect the issue is now resolved. What a good thing cause last thing I wanted was to call AT&T to send someone out.  Thanks for your help. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@pound30 -RE:The last issue with the Audio / No Video

This is a symptom of the HDMI interface not doing a complete handshake. If the STB does not get a signal from the TV at the right time saying that it is NOT a recording device, ths STB will turn off the video to prevent recording.

If it continues, the solution is to switch to component cables. While thes are analog & not digital, they are capable of an equal or even better picture.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.