Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Sat, Aug 11, 2018 7:16 PM

Pausing a Live Program

I just switched from DirecTV to U-verseTV. On DirecTV, I could pause a live program to watch a recorded one, so I could go back to the live broadcast and fast forward through the ads. That doesn't appear possible with U-verseTV since as soon as I start to watch a recorded program, the live broadcast un-pauses.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Alan

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

2 years ago

UVerse provides 4 individual STREAMS.  The receiver handles one stream at a time.  If you are not recording a stream, you will lose it. 

Someone smarter than I can probably explain it better but what you see happening is what you get.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

The live recording uses a 1-hour buffer.  You can pause but if you change the channel (which includes watching a recording) the buffer is "lost".  In uverse your best bet is just to hit the record button while watching that channel.  Then you can get back to it later.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…