Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Oct 22, 2020 7:42 PM

No sound via HDMI cables on U-verse set top box--only through component (red and white) cables.

What might the problem be?  I have tried different HDMI cables, different ports on the TV, muted and unmuted, and rebooted any number of times.  Sound works perfectly for other services--Apple TV, smart tv applications, etc. Any thoughts? 

Responses

baseballisback

ACE - Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

a month ago

It could be one of those weird pesky "handshake" things, but I'd think that all of what you tried would have fixed the issue.

At this point, I'd be tempted to call in and consider a free replacement box be shipped to you. If it's your DVR, you'll lose all recorded shows. You'll have to go through and re-hide channels, change settings, etc.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

a month ago

Another thing to check is if you have Sound output set to Dolby or Stereo.  Try Stereo.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question