For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
geebz25's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 14th, 2015 5:21 PM

No sound from one specific TV/Uverse receiver

Have an HDMI connection along with cable connection between receiver and TV. 2 weeks ago, just lost sound completely from Toshiba TV. Sound bar does not provide any sound also. Picture is fine. Actually bought new Samsung over the weekend and installed in same spot. Again, absolutely no sound. All 3 other TV/receivers work fine in house.  ATT recently replaced external/internal modem in the house, but again problem limited to one spot. thanks for any help you can provide.  Tried all usual troubleshooting, including reboots, etc. but out of ideas.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

If you have more than one U-verse TV Receiver, swap one of the others to this location and see if the Digital sound works using that receiver.  If not, check the cable/fiber..  If so, then contact AT&T for a replacement receiver.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@geebz25 - Your Language setting may have beeen changed - ENTER(bottom right) - Audio language should be on english.

Since Tv does not have surround decoder - make sure on stereo MENU- audio lang opts- Digital audio out.

We have not seen phantom MUTE in a long time - could be the STB is muted - usually can be restored by by pull the plug reboot

Program remote - att/ok-955-enter 

In att mode press vol up to get to 25 on screen

reprogram att/ok-955-TV-ENTER

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

8 years ago

@geebz25 im not sure if this option is still there (Its been a while since ive done CSR work)

Screenshot_4.png

This is under Menu > Help > Troubleshoot & Resolve

There should be a no sound option and it will run through a diagnostic for the receiver, it could be that the receiver itself was placed under mute or the volume turned completely down.

This can happen if a uverse remote was used from another TV and wasnt programmed to the current TV and was placed on mute or turned volume down.

When a remote is programmed to a TV, using the Mute and volume options it will change the TV setting and not the recevier, when using a remote not programmed to a TV it will use the receivers volume and the mute options.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks everyone. I will try these when I get home. There is a very good chance a different remote was used by my family during Thanksgiving.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This resolved my no sound issue..thank you!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.