Sweetal76's profile

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 3rd, 2023 3:03 PM

Closed

No longer receiving channels owned by Nexstar

The last time this occurred was exactly four years ago and took two months to resolve.  What is the anticipated outage this time?  Also, it would be greatly appreciated by the consumer if the contract would go longer than four years.  It is very annoying and all for the almighty dollar.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

WGN and other terminated channels owned by Nexstar

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 months ago

The only people who know won't tell. Sure, it'd be nice if the contract went longer, but that's up to Nexstar. They're the ones who offer the terms. Of course AT&T would rather pay less and have a longer contract whereas Nexstar wants more money for a shorter contract.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 months ago

@baseballisback I do believe it’s time for a mega thread.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 months ago

@skeeterintexas  I agree. I hadn't heard that Nexstar/AT&T were in retrans negotiations so I expect the complaints will start rolling in.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 months ago

Am I the only one seeing this on my TV screen?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 months ago

I was wondering about that. I don't have AT&T internet service but those PSA's usually start popping up shortly after negotiations start. The problem is that most customers  haven't a clue what's involved in retrans negotiations or the games that the station owners play with the providers, and just assume it's all AT&T's fault.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 months ago

@OttoPylot I'm not sure why AT&T internet service matters...it doesn't. I've seen a scroll across my NBC channel since June 30th. I thought it was solved when I still got it late on July 1st, but I guess it was just a temporary deal. (I assume the contract expired as June became July.)

And yeah, most people assume it's the provider's fault because they see a biased message from the channel owner. In reality, it's the fault of both of them. The channel owners are greedy and the providers don't want to raise their rates too high because they know there's competition.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 months ago

@baseballisback  I hadn't seen the scroll yet on my service (Xfinity) so I may have jumped the gun a bit.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 months ago

It would have been on NewsNation and any local affiliates owned by Nexstar from 6/30 to whenever those greedy bastages yanked the channels.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 months ago

TBH….Nexstar must own channels that I don’t watch.  I didn’t even know about the issue until I saw it here.  🤷‍♀️

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 months ago

@skeeterintexas  Nexstar owns about 197 affiliate channels in various markets across the U.S. including ABC, NBC, CBS, the CW, FOX, MeTV, and MyNetworkTV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.