kregg451's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 19th, 2013 10:56 PM

Closed

No Al Jazeera

Please do not carry Al Jazeera.  We already have plenty of, so called, news channels that are nothing more than propogandists that sell advertising time.  That last thing the American television landscape needs is to be inundated with the propoganda of Islamic extremists.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

This is unbelievable that people are threatening to quit U-Verse over a news channel that no one had cared about or even mentioned before Current TV sold out to Al Jazeera. I never even heard of Current TV until it was brought out that Al Gore was behind it.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

There was a Current TV? Smiley Very Happy

I think their ratings were even lower than MSNBC and CNN if that is even possible.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

Al Jazeera is fighting for their right to be carried . I might not watch them, but they deserve their voice here in the supposed land of the free

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Well,it's time to reach an agreement! 

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

11 years ago

I prefer having the opportunity to view Al Jazeera America and reaching my own viewpoint on it before anyone, including kregg451 (who originated this thread), attempts to tell me whether he approves of its inclusion in a channel lineup.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Al Jazeera is simply a news organization that falls somewhere between MSNBC and CNN ideologically.  Like BBC, it focuses on international news while avoiding the entertainment-only stories such as what Justin Beiber or Lindsey Lohan happens to be doing today.  AT&T Uverse seems to be engaging in censorship here, which is a truly un-American response.  Even if you do not want to watch Al Jazeera, it seems hypocritical to engage in unconstitutional action in order to support American ideals.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@FortWorthTexas wrote:

Al Jazeera is simply a news organization that falls somewhere between MSNBC and CNN ideologically.  Like BBC, it focuses on international news while avoiding the entertainment-only stories such as what Justin Beiber or Lindsey Lohan happens to be doing today.  AT&T Uverse seems to be engaging in censorship here, which is a truly un-American response.  Even if you do not want to watch Al Jazeera, it seems hypocritical to engage in unconstitutional action in order to support American ideals.

If the government interferes in the freedom of speech, that is unconstitutional. If a private business decides what information, channels, books, etc they want you to have, that is their right, whether you agree with it or not. That is the big difference.

I personally would like to see U-Verse include beIN Sports and Al Jazeera. The more channels the better.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

It would have been more correct to replace the word "unconstitutional" with the word "un-American." Censorship by corporations controlling access to news media may be constitutional, but it is certainly in opposition to the spirit of freedom of speech.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Oh wait....I did use the word "un-American!" Well, fancy that.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I was very interested in this channel and even had the launch date marked on my calendar.  I have followed them online and they are actually quite unbiased and I get news from around the world.  I was seeing them as an option to CNN.  I am quite disappointed in AT&T's actions.  I subscribe to their top packages and am already in the process of finding a cable/satellite provider other than U-verse who will allow me to watch this channel.  It's unfortunate, as I was happy with their service.  However, I pay over $220 monthly and I don't even get to watch what I want now.

Shame on AT&T.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hats off to AT&T we do not need this rubbish

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.