Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
heyjude443j's profile

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, July 12th, 2023 2:14 AM

Closed

No ABC since Oct 22, 2022

When will this dispute be over, I now am without ABC and CBS.  I have contacted another service and am seriously considering switching. I have never used another service.  I am so disappointed and frustrated.  We cannot even get any answers if we are lucky enough to get a human to talk to.  And please dont say that you understand my frustration because if you did you would get this over with. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

WGN and other terminated channels owned by Nexstar

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

11 months ago

It would be helpful if you would say where you are located and the call letters of the stations you are referring to.

• 

12 Messages

11 months ago

Lubbock Texas. KCBD and KAMC

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 months ago

Apparently someone else failed to notice the message on the screen.

But on what calendar is July 2nd the same as October 2022?

What happens when Nexstar can't agree to terms with your new provider because your new provider fails to agree to the ransom? Nexstar wants double the money they've been getting.

(edited)

• 

12 Messages

11 months ago

I have not had ABC since last October in 2022.  9 months ago...

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 months ago

What is the message on your screen?

• 

12 Messages

11 months ago

ABC says Mission the owner of this channel has pulled its programming. We share your frustration. Working quickly to reach agreement, (Oct 2022)  and CBS says   Unfortunately our contract is up with NEXSTAR .Direct TV...tvpromise.com for assistance, which for me is useless

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 months ago

https://thedesk.net/2022/10/mission-broadcasting-channels-dropped-directv-stream-u-verse/

Several of the affected Mission Broadcasting stations are operated by Nexstar Media Group under a shared services or local marketing agreement, which allows the owner of one company to offload operation onto another. For some stations, like WPIX-TV (Channel 11, CW), the dispute with DirecTV compounds problems for Nexstar, which is engaged in a separate carriage dispute with Verizon Fios in northeastern states.

So you're in two different disputes. It seems weird that Mission hasn't agreed to a new contract in that long. Unfortunately, nobody here knows when the disputes will be resolved.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 months ago

“Mission and White Knight are now unlawfully coordinating with Nexstar to raise prices and extract supracompetitive retransmission consent fees from DIRECTV in ‘overlap’ DMAs—those markets where both Nexstar and either Mission or White Knight each own a Big-4 station,” DIRECTV states. “To accomplish this unlawful and anticompetitive aim, Mission and White Knight have entered into an agreement in which they have effectively relinquished decision-making authority to Nexstar.”

https://cordcuttersnews.com/how-long-will-the-directv-nexstar-blackout-last-everything-we-know/

• 

12 Messages

10 months ago

Thank you for this info. I read the link you sent and first thing tomorrow I am going to another service to see what they can offer. This is horrible. Obviously they dont need me as a customer or my money. Better off spending it elsewhere.   I will have lots of questions and will take time to check them all out..Thank you again. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 months ago

And what happens when your new provider doesn't want to cave in to the same demands?

But hey, maybe your new provider will offer you a money-saving two-year contract. Hehehe.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.