For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ViewMaster's profile

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

Sunday, May 1st, 2022 10:15 PM

Closed

NHK discontinued?

WHY? This station had some of the most interesting content of the entire lineup! This may push me to cancel cable once and for all.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

NHK just disappeared today, has it been dropped?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

@baseballisback  What was the last Programming Notification you saw and was NHK (1221/1379) listed as being dropped?

ETA:  Found the post (made in Feb.) with the notification HERE

Rights set to expire on or after April 2022 (Channel numbers listed below in parentheses):

AWE (147 and 1147 in HD); NHK World TV HD (1221 and 1379); One America News (208 and 1208 in HD); Phoenix InfoNews (3605); Phoenix North America Chinese Channel (3606).

Darn it....I'm going to miss Sumo Highlights.....🥴

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

Were they in re-negotiation discussions with AT&T? Maybe they couldn't agree, or NHK pulled the feed for the same reason.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

2 years ago

Not that I ever saw. No scrolling messages about it, no warning, just gone. I'm beyond disappointed.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

2 years ago

Well there you go! Good info.

Thanks Skeeter, I would never have seen that page. Guess I'll need to watch it on my laptop now. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

2 years ago

So that's four channels lost this year, right?

Watch that corporate greed next January tho...

(TBH though, a lot of NBCSN stuff moved to other channels, so that doesn't really affect costs much.)

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Agree, it was very educational and gave more news info than our major networks put together.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Bummers, I liked their documentaries and medical frontiers show. I guess online is are only option. (Edited per community guidelines) that this happened on Asian Heritage Month.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Agree, NHK networks had wonderful educational, travel and news information. Our family enjoyed their informative well rounded news broadcast. It was news you did not see on any major USA news stations.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah NHK was one of the most straight forward and educational channels on TV. I learned so much about Japan and the culture. And no commercials! 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

We were so disappointed last night to find that NHK was no longer on our Uverse. We'll probably leave Uverse over this. We've been watching NHK more than any other station, and we will find a provider that will give it to us. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.