Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Apr 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Responses

baseballisback

ACE - Professor

• 

4.2K Messages

2 years ago

@tommiata1 I believe NFL Network was on U-200. Other than U-family (a very, very basic plan mandated by federal government to have kid-friendly channels) and if U-Local is still a plan, 99% of people have U-200 or higher.

How is that a "most priciest" plan?

Note to all wanting refunds. TV providers generally do not offer partial refunds for situations like this. You're probably talking about $3 or so at the very most, considering most channels are under $2 per channel per customer per month. However, AT&T will gladly offer reduced rates of a lot more than that if you're generally willing to take a yearly contract. These contracts are why providers offer ultra-low rates to new customers...because they know people have to pay to get out of existing contracts.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

We are now Slingers.. &15/ month and we have NFL Network plus 36 Channels including the Brewers
NFL Draft news, mock drafts is way too imply for us
Cheers

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Moving to Spectrum.  I suspect this bone-headed move will cost them more than they think

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Moving to Spectrum.  I suspect this bone-headed move will cost them more than they suspect

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We're trying Sling. It's an added cost each month, but my husband bleeds the NFL network. And I'd rather not have to go to Comcast or Wow. I figured I'd just knock my Uverse package down a bit to cover the cost.

AwsiDooger

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Likewise I am looking into Sling and the other options today. I never thought I would be doing this, especially after negotiating a new AT&T contract just a month ago. But any early out penalty would be well worth it, to free myself from a company that continues to make self-centered decisions that impact my viewing and entertainment choices. 

Adjusting away from Pac 12 Network was bad enough. Believe it or not, sports like volleyball are a big deal when you go to school in the Pac 12. I used to watch eventual Olympic stars on those teams. I still followed the programs and taped multiple games per week, along with basketball, etc. Katie Ledecky was swimming for Stanford so I taped those meets. I watched all the USC football games, enabling me to discuss them with alums I have kept in touch with. Then late last fall Uverse took all of that away, like it was no big deal. So this is hardly an NFL Network atrocity alone. 

There has been talk that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell might have an announcement regarding the future of NFL Sunday Ticket during the draft next week. I've seen that speculation on several NFL sites within the past week. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Does Sling have the big 3 networks too? Like ABC, NBC, and CBS, FOX. I worry about Packer games/preseason, and local programming will be lost 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

2 years ago

That figures. Thee only reason I subscribe to the HD tier is for red zone.

AwsiDooger

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Sling appears to have different packages, plus a la carte. The Sling Blue package would be much more attractive to me if it included ABC and CBS. I have no idea why they include NBC and Fox but not ABC and CBS. 

I also need Golf Channel, which is extra charge on Sling Blue.

Here is a link with a handy comparison lineup of one cordcutter service after another. I really didn't want to be checking into these types of options, but Uverse has forced my hand:

https://www.cnet.com/news/directv-now-sling-tv-youtube-tv-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

2 years ago

This is what this is all about:

https://sportsradiopd.com/directv-preparing-customers-for-end-of-sunday-ticket/

never thought i would would say this but Trump and the DOJ were right.

AwsiDooger

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Sling has a $10 Sports Package, similar to AT&T. I could reclaim recently-lost Pac 12 Network and beIN Sports and NFL RedZone. It includes Golf Channel and Olympic Channel, which are must-haves for me.

This is the Sports Package lineup on Sling:

beIN SPORTS,

Golf Channel
, MLB Network
, MLB Network Strike Zone, 
NBA TV
, NFL RedZone
, NHL Network
, Olympic Channel
, Outside Television, Pac-12, Stadium
, Tennis Channel

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

This is a bunch of crap!! The NFL schedule is being released tomorrow night on NFL Network, the draft is 10 days away.Yes, the draft is on ESPN and ABC, but NFL always has better coverage than ESPN in my opinion or at least flipping back and forth gave different insight. Some of the games in the fall are only on NFL Network. There is no message on the message center on AT & T or an email stating it was going to be taken off the air. NO notification at all. We have been with Uverse since June 2011 and have had 6 increases through January 2016 and then I starting contacting them to get a lower price. The price has doubled in less than 8 years and we have lost channels and have not had any decent additions. Unless you like a bunch more shopping channels added to the ton already available. Which we don't ever shop on. Our rate just went up over $20.00 per month, so some of that should have been allocated to renewing with the NFL Network.  Xfinity carries the NFL Network and I am currently looking into changing to them.

ACE - Professor

• 

4.2K Messages

2 years ago

The shopping channels actually pay to be carried. They can be easily blocked. I don't mind them at all.

U-Verse did notify. I post once a month in these forums regarding changes. programmingchanges.att.com

Some of those streaming options are already going up in price as their customers demand more variety and value. There's already numerous blogs and websites comparing them in price to a traditional provider. If I have the best Sling package plus Hulu, compare that to AT&T or Xfinity or Spectrum.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question