Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 9:58 PM

NFL games freeze after 10 seconds

The packers game always freezes on had and regular channels. It is only during football games that this happens and usually only during the local teams’ games. Att says they have no idea? I am so frustrated!!! Any help? Have reset router repeatedly!!!

Responses

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

a month ago

Please confirm:

1) That you have U-verse TV (Not AT&T TV, AT&T TV Now, etc.),

2) that you do not have this issue on other channels or with other content on this same channel,

3) That this happens with live, recorded, or both content

And please describe how your U-verse TV Receivers are connected to the Gateway (Coax, Ethernet, Wi-Fi) and if Ethernet, what switches, hubs, routers, etc. the traffic has to pass through.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I have Uverse. I do not have any issues other than during football games...Sunday night football does it too and Monday night football sometimes. Does not effect other channels during these times. Not recording.

i have a mesh network through the router Ethernet.  WiFi is turned off of router so not interference from that. It did it before the mesh network too. No one else in neighborhood is having the issue. Att has not helped at all when I have called repeatedly...

dovi just switch to another provider?

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

a month ago

What do you mean mesh network. Uverse uses a multicast protocol and very few network devices can handle that traffic properly.  My Orbi for instance is a fail even though they claim support for IGMP.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I have a google mesh.  My house is too big for the UVERSE WIFI.  They said to get it.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

a month ago

Just checking if any of your Uverse equipment is connected using the Google mesh.  The Google mesh WiFi shouldn’t interfere with the operation of Uverse.  Uverse equipment needs to stay connected to the gateway box, preferably Ethernet connected or via a WAP device.  Can you describe more info as @jeffermc requested ?  Thank you.  

Get started...

Ask a new question