disankey's profile

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:53 PM

New on demand Format

The new on demand format is awful!  The boxes look like att is trying to be like the facebook 'likes' which suck anyway.  Those big boxes you are using don't tell us a thing and certainly do not make navigating the on demand list easier, they make it harder.  When I finally do get to a list the font is way to small, the layout gives me a headache and we need to go through far more steps to get where we want to go. Also, when we finally get to a list of shows we now have the title of the episode rather than date it aired. Who knows the show's titles in the right order? NO ONE!! 

Who comes up with these ideas must be on drugs and don't you people trial new ideas with a variety of your population? It seems like you may have had 15 year olds trial it and forget asking adults for their opinion.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@americangame wrote:

I'd love to know what makes any user decide that they are above getting updates compared to everyone else

I'd love to see AT&T offer a no-upgrade option similar to how Sony and Microsoft offer updates to their game consoles.  What I mean by this is that you're able to not update your device, but the moment we decide to cahnge a system around we won't offer any support for you unless you update.

I just wish that they would have done some usability testing / or surveying, beforehand.  Some like it, many don't.  I think that it's a not so slick, gimmick.  Netflix, she ain't.  At any rate, remember that many web developers tinker with website design and in many cases they put up a link "To revert back to the old styled page, click here."  In many instances, designers rolled back the web page because 75% or more of users opted for the old way.  AT&T must know that folks don't care for it, or there would not be surveys on the subject.

Sometimes change is necessary. Facebook does redesigns about once a year. What happens there is people will complain for about 2 weeks then get used to it. I do agree that the new layout should have had more testing done, espcially to see what would happen to all devices (including xboxes).

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

11 years ago

NO, if I have to PAY for it.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I just got the new ondemand format yes its a little slow but not that bad as some people are saying can still watch videos fine .

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I called ATT and spoke to a person, who said they are well aware of the complaints registered and are working hard to correct (whatever that means), but could give no dates or other information, so it is as good as no information.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T made me chuckle today.

My services are U-450 only, no internet, no phone.

I called in to get a promotion extended (mission accomplished) and at the end mentioned the slow speed of the new GUI. The rep transferred me to technical support where he said my RG hadn't been reset in 61 days and he could do it remotely. He did and nothing got any better. Then I got put on hold for a few minutes for him to do some research and he said my wireless channel was set on default and he could "tweak" the wireless settings so that the RG would get a better signal from AT&T. 

After I explained that I didn't have AT&T internet and had turned off the wireless in the RG, he insisted the new GUI data was being was being transmitted directly from AT&T wirelessly from the street and changing the default channel would improve my reception and speed up the interface.

OK, he was trying to be helpful so I told him to make the change, but what does a turned off wireless channel have to do with anything? LOL 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Don_H wrote:

AT&T made me chuckle today.

My services are U-450 only, no internet, no phone.

I called in to get a promotion extended (mission accomplished) and at the end mentioned the slow speed of the new GUI. The rep transferred me to technical support where he said my RG hadn't been reset in 61 days and he could do it remotely. He did and nothing got any better. Then I got put on hold for a few minutes for him to do some research and he said my wireless channel was set on default and he could "tweak" the wireless settings so that the RG would get a better signal from AT&T. 

After I explained that I didn't have AT&T internet and had turned off the wireless in the RG, he insisted the new GUI data was being was being transmitted directly from AT&T wirelessly from the street and changing the default channel would improve my reception and speed up the interface.

OK, he was trying to be helpful so I told him to make the change, but what does a turned off wireless channel have to do with anything? LOL 

Exactly like my experience with my failing Belkin Battery backup.  I prefaced my call by saying, "I have traditional AT&Tcopper phone service."  I explained that I wanted to hook my RG directly to the wall and retire the Belkin.  The first answer "you need that to make phone calls if the power fails."  And I reiterated, "I don't have U-Voice." and the counter was "it will allow you to use some other type of VOIP service" and once again I told them I do not use that.  There finally was a pause and an "oh" and the sudden realization that her script had led her down a rabbit hole. Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

It really does suck!! They took away my On Demand HD for Bates Motel!!! Thank God I am moving soon and they dont have uverse there. Back to Xfinity.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

I love how ATT keeps things fresh and updated but when it slows everything down and in On Demand making it more arduous to find it's very annoying. Speed it up or change it back ATT.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

While many of us have expressed that we would REALLY appreciate slow motion frame-by-frame capability (like Comcast has), Uverse has evidentally found better ways to spend time fixing something that isn't broken.

The new On Demand format is HORRIBLY SLOW and SO ANNOYING.  This is a deal-breaker for my household.  Whereas the format used to be simple and straightforward, easy to navigate and choose a movie, now you get to wait for ONE MINUTE for it to load, ONE MINUTE for the first row of movie jackets (that you cannot read, even if you have a 55 inch HD television) to load, ONE MINUTE MORE to load the next set of movie jackets that you cannot read, then ANOTHER MINUTE of "please wait" while the information loads for you to just read the movie blurb!  God forbid that you decide not to view the movie, because then you get to start the entire FIVE MINUTE PROCESS just to pick another movie that you may or may not decide to watch.

NO WAY, AT&T HOUSTON!!!  COMCAST, WE ARE COMING BACK TO YOU - AFTER 3 YEARS OF UVERSE!

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

11 years ago

I am sure uverse will miss you  but I like the new format.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.