Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
gcotton69's profile
gcotton69
Rising Star
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

 • 

79 Messages

Thu, Oct 2, 2014 12:27 AM

New NFL Sunday Ticket Deal with DTV. Good News For U-Verse????

Just saw where the NFL signed a new 8 yr deal with DTV today for Sunday Ticket.  With the pending merger with AT&T and DTV, I wonder if this will help us with UV in the coming years possibly get access to Sunday Ticket??  I didn't see anything in any of the news reports about this possibility, have any of you seen anything??  Thanks in advance!

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

 • 

29.3K Messages

8 y前

Welllllll... it should mean that AT&T can't invoke that out-clause (the one that said they could break the deal off if DirecTV couldn't negotiate a long term NFL Sunday Ticket deal).

 

dwinth

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.4K Messages

8 y前

This is a bit off-topic for this thread, but I am going to post it anyway. The AT&T Store nearest my house sells both U-Verse and DirectTV. I was under the impression that AT&T sells DirectTV only in areas where U-Verse is not present.

 

Obviously, U-Verse is present in the St. Louis area. Since the merger is not official yet, how can an AT&T store sell DirectTV in a U-Verse covered area? Maybe, I did not understand how that works, or perhaps the rule was changed.

 

I would appreciate any input you can give.

_________________________________________________________________

dhascall

ACE - Master

 • 

9.8K Messages

8 y前


@dwinth wrote:

This is a bit off-topic for this thread, but I am going to post it anyway. The AT&T Store nearest my house sells both U-Verse and DirectTV. I was under the impression that AT&T sells DirectTV only in areas where U-Verse is not present.

 

Obviously, U-Verse is present in the St. Louis area. Since the merger is not official yet, how can an AT&T store sell DirectTV in a U-Verse covered area? Maybe, I did not understand how that works, or perhaps the rule was changed.

 

I would appreciate any input you can give.

_________________________________________________________________


My guess (only a guess) is that since U-Verse is not available on every street, in every town and so on, they can provide some sort of TV service, regardless.

dwinth

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.4K Messages

8 y前


@dhascall wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

This is a bit off-topic for this thread, but I am going to post it anyway. The AT&T Store nearest my house sells both U-Verse and DirectTV. I was under the impression that AT&T sells DirectTV only in areas where U-Verse is not present.

 

Obviously, U-Verse is present in the St. Louis area. Since the merger is not official yet, how can an AT&T store sell DirectTV in a U-Verse covered area? Maybe, I did not understand how that works, or perhaps the rule was changed.

 

I would appreciate any input you can give.

_________________________________________________________________


My guess (only a guess) is that since U-Verse is not available on every street, in every town and so on, they can provide some sort of TV service, regardless.


I wonder how lenient the program is as far as getting DirectTV from an AT&T store in an area completely covered by U-Verse.

__________________________________________

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

 • 

11.7K Messages

8 y前


@dwinth wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

This is a bit off-topic for this thread, but I am going to post it anyway. The AT&T Store nearest my house sells both U-Verse and DirectTV. I was under the impression that AT&T sells DirectTV only in areas where U-Verse is not present.

 

Obviously, U-Verse is present in the St. Louis area. Since the merger is not official yet, how can an AT&T store sell DirectTV in a U-Verse covered area? Maybe, I did not understand how that works, or perhaps the rule was changed.

 

I would appreciate any input you can give.

_________________________________________________________________


My guess (only a guess) is that since U-Verse is not available on every street, in every town and so on, they can provide some sort of TV service, regardless.


I wonder how lenient the program is as far as getting DirectTV from an AT&T store in an area completely covered by U-Verse.

__________________________________________


AT&T reps can sell Direct TV anywhere. Management will obviously prefer that Uverse be the first choice, if available. However, if the customer will not accept Uverse, management would prefer to have they as an AT&T/Direct TV customer than not be a customer at all. When I was a rep, there was more than one time I placed an order to disconnect someone's Uverse and then placed an order for Direct TV.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.