For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
madmax988's profile

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

Thursday, September 12th, 2019 10:35 AM

Network settings have changed please restart system.

So I finally got my replacement wireless stb.  An isb7105 + a vap2500 that replaced my vip2500+ven501.  

But the "new" stb 7105 keeps getting multiple a network settings has changed restart system messsages. Every day. 

How do I fix this? Do I need another replacement stb? Does the new wap need to be replaced?

Is there anything else they can do to fix it?

Please help! I just can't afford to spend anymore hours on the phone with useless tech support.

There has to be a way to get to tier 2 or domestic representatives?!

Thanks for any help.

Maybe @ATTCares Will finally care? And stop ignoring me?

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

5 years ago

I'm aware I'll lose recordings which is why replacing my DVR would be my last resort especially this time of year with new shows on.  If I'm going to get stuck having to spend a ton to buy shows online I might as well cancel att.  

The problem only effects 1 room and it doesn't matter which wireless stb is in that room.  Resetting the wap fixes the problem.  I'm honestly considering just plugging the wap into a smart outlet with a timer and programming it to turn off and on once every 24 hours.  That would probably solve my problem.  It's a clunky solution that makes no sense, but it seems like it would solve the problem.  

The only thing that makes sense logically at this point is att having some bug in the software.  It does seem to be worse between midnight-4am if that matters.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.