AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Sep 24, 2017 3:23 PM

NBC, WTHR, CBS - September Contract Negotiation

Why was NBC dropped from the channel lineup? This is a major network that I watch frequently. I am not happy about this change and don't remember receiving any notification of this change.

Responses

marcindublin

Guru

• 

416 Messages

3 years ago

You're right, Professor. There is also Youtube TV - $35 bucks/month  with a cloud based DVR to get you through while ATT and WBNS proceed with their mutually assured destruction. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Local affiliates WRAL (NBC) and WRAZ (Fox) were pulled off the air today. Yet we continue to be billed at full price even though 2 major networks are off the air. This is one of many reasons people want to cut the cable. Not acceptable!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am so tired of not having access to NBC! I pay AT&T so you need to figure it out and make a deal. This happens too often!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What happened to WRAL?! Message on my TV screen last evening states - "The owner of this channel has removed it from the U-verse lineup despite our request keep it available to you."

That Don Guy

Guru

• 

620 Messages

3 years ago

Don't forget to buy a TiVo for when you want to record something.

And remember that it takes two to disagree - for all we know, the stations in question realize that September is the best time to ask for more money as that is when the NFL regular season begins ("Hey, don't blame us if you can't watch the game this Sunday; it's all Big Bad AT&T's fault for not paying us what we demand").

What I would like to know is, since a common complaint is, "Well, the other cable company managed to come to an agreement with the station," what is the station asking AT&T to pay versus the other cable companies (Comcast, TWC, etc.)?  I wouldn't be surprised if the stations ask more from AT&T because they feel it is a "minor player" in the TV market.  This especially applies to NBC affiliates in areas where the "other cable company" is Xfinity, which, what a coincidence, is owned by NBC's new parent company, Comcast.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Running out of patience.  NBC is a major network and I'm missing too many favorite shows. How many customers do you have to loose before you settle your contract dispute?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

My patience is up. Ive missed football and my wife has missed all her shows for almost 2 weeks now. When my 4 cell phone contracts, uverse, uverse internet, and att home security are up you can garauntee I take my business somewhere else.
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

136.7K Messages

3 years ago

We do understand your frustration. We want to get Channel 13 back into your local lineup as soon as possible. All Dispatch needs to do is grant its permission. http://att.com/fightingforyou

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Why does comcast have it? How long will this take? Many of us are
considering cancelling our cable..."This is us" comes on soon....many
people are going to be upset! If we get used to going without or we start
using antennas we're seriously going to start wondering whether we really
need you and I've heard many people say this. Everyone is wanting to know a
little more info and how long is this going to take?

##- Please type your reply above this line
Travis299

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

WRAL & WRAZ TV channels are blocked for the Raleigh, NC area.  When will they be restored??  This is a great way for AT&T to loose customers to Time Warner or other cable providers.  What is the holdup with these contract disputes??  File a consumer complaint here: http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx

That Don Guy

Guru

• 

620 Messages

3 years ago

Why does comcast have it? How long will this take? Many of us are considering cancelling our cable..."This is us" comes on soon....many people are going to be upset! If we get used to going without or we start using antennas we're seriously going to start wondering whether we really need you and I've heard many people say this.

Hmmm...here's an idea:
(a) Comcast buys NBC

(b) Comcast "asks" NBC stations to ask for a lot more money from U-Verse

(c) People switch from U-Verse to Xfinity, which is also owned by Comcast.

(d) Profit!

That could be a reason "Comcast has it" but they're still talking with AT&T.  Personally, I doubt it - the excuse doesn't work (a) if it's not an NBC station, or (b) if the main cable system there isn't Xfinity.  You would have to ask the stations what they charge, say, Xfinity or Time Warner, and what they want AT&T to pay.

It is also possible that the stations want more money from AT&T because U-Verse will not carry the stations' subchannels, which would make more money for the station if more people could watch them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I assume Xfinity offers Channel 13. Guess it's time to switch. So much for loyalty to AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

the Title says it all.   I'll give this a couple of days and then I'll see what Specturm is trying to offer me.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

Would you post the same thing on Spectrum's site when they lose a channel??
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T blames WRAL, WRAL blames AT&T - and we loose

Get started...

Ask a new question