Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Sep 24, 2017 3:23 PM

NBC, WTHR, CBS - September Contract Negotiation

Why was NBC dropped from the channel lineup? This is a major network that I watch frequently. I am not happy about this change and don't remember receiving any notification of this change.

Responses

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just called Uverse, and they said the contract ended and they are in dispute. They have no idea when The CW will be back

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Uverse says that they’re in a dispute with The CW and don’t know when they’re going to have a new contract. So until they figure it out, no CW on Uverse.

lkwcross

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Why did At&T Uverse drop the CW channel? I dvred Riverdale and it wasn't recorded. Then I found that the CW channel doesn't exist.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

3 years ago

If the channel is off because of a dispute, AT&T should have an image on the screen saying such.

This was the case in my area earlier this month.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lkwcross

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

No. I did not find anything to explain it. I did look for an explanation before posting my question. Thank you for your reply.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

I still have it here in the OKC viewing area....

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

Depending on where you are I think your local CW channel is in re-negotiations with ATT for re-transmission rights (there are other recent posts in these forums about local CW's in that process).  As such the local channel is blocking out ATT from sending you that channel and announcing that it's all ATT's fault when in reality its the station's fault.  It's the station's way to blackmail ATT into paying whatever amount the station demands.  Ain't gonna happen.  So you may be in for some wait.  If feasible, get an antenna to avoid all these hassles.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Well, I,still have the CW here in the ..OKC area... not all that concerned about it since I don’t really watch anything on the CW... my kid does though... so, If I hear her holler if that she can’t watch Supergirl or Arrow or The Flash, then I'll get her an antenna for her tv lol.... 

That Don Guy

Guru

• 

620 Messages

3 years ago

It is also possible that the CW affiliation has been moved to another station's subchannel.  The last I heard, there is at least one CW subchannel that U-Verse refuses to carry under its apparent "no subchannels unless it's one of the big four networks" policy.

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

I think ATT may need to change that policy over the next few years (up until about 2020) due to the channel repacking.  Since the FCC sold auctioned off half of our public tv spectrum to the wireless companies some channels in that sold off half and some in the lower half can agree to share their bandwidth, i.e., on sub-channels.  ATT may refuse now to carry stations they once carried and now moved due to repacking (maybe that's what happened to the CW station @That Don Guy mentioned).  But it potentially could get more serious as the various repacking deadlines are reached.

Note, the stations are not doing this for free.  They are making millions on this deal - wireless companies paying for it and of course the FCC gets their cut too.  Another repacking option for a station is to just take the money and run, i.e., simply "go black" (off the air).  Wait then for the "where's my station" threads.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Louisville, KY 40207

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

What's a big 4 network?

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

About the repacking and channels moving, is your CW channel WBKI-TV?  Here's a interesting little announcement from WBKI's web site.  While it doesn't say "Louisville, KY" it is an example of the effects of repacking.  Also maybe that change affects how ATT was picking up the signal for their re-transmission.  I'm guessing that it does.  But whether it is or isn't it's an example of things to come.

Note to everyone that uses an over the air antenna.  Rescan often! Man Wink

Stay tuned! Man Frustrated

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14K Messages

3 years ago

@slck36

Big 4 commercial channels

ABC,  CBS,  NBC,  and FOX

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.