Natanne's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, September 24th, 2017 3:23 PM

NBC, WTHR, CBS - September Contract Negotiation

Why was NBC dropped from the channel lineup? This is a major network that I watch frequently. I am not happy about this change and don't remember receiving any notification of this change.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

You must be retired lol.  13.3 is MeTV. so yeah not NBC ie no football.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Tried to chat with an agent to let Uverse know I would like my local CBS channel restored and kept being told there are no interruptions in my service.....I know that! Uverse dropped my local CBS channel. I would like it back or I will seek service elsewhere. Can't locate an email address.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I went to Meijer and bought a Mohu Leaf Metro antenna for $14.99. It took 15 minutes to install and configure. I have NBC back (plus a bunch of local stations). Picture is perfect. Now I'm thinking I should just go ahead and ditch U-verse TV - keep internet and find a streaming service like Sling TV.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

7 years ago

The CW went to being a subschannel here a couple years ago after they dropped the New Orleans affiliate. The local CW is a subchannel at the FOX affiliate along with NBC. Even though NBC is a subchannel it still gets carried. It's so frustrating. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Generally, att only carries the .1 sub-channels (or the sub-channel with the network if it isn't a .1 channel).  Locals are not like major network suppliers that say if you are going to carry my major network you need to carry this other stuff as well.  Which is why we have so many crap channels that nobody wants but still has to pay for.

Adding subchannels for, say channel x, could also lead to confusion to many users since those subchannels need to be mapped into integers (whole number channel numbers) since our remotes can't enter decimal (x.2) or dashes (x-2).

Editorial/rant:

Something may have to be done in the next few years (by 2020?) since in many places channels carried now may be moved into subchannels due to channel packing.  That's because half to the TV spectrum we have today was auctioned off to the wireless companies (thank you FCC Man Sad).  This will force stations in that unfortunate half to either go off the air (good bye station), move to a free space in what's left (assuming no interference with existing channels), or use a subchannel with a exiting channel in the unaffected spectrum range (good bye good quality HD, say hello to even more compression).  Of course the stations are not doing this for free.  They have these choices and they got or getting millions from the wireless companies to do this (FCC gets their cut too of course).  Some already decided to "take the money and run" (i.e., go black, off the air).  FWIW, here's some early results (pdf) of the "auction".

Of course ATT could just map their existing integer channel numbers into the subchannel numbers stations move to.

If things keep going as they are OTA TV as we have always known it will be a think of the past.  Nothing will be worth viewing OTA due to poor picture quality forcing everyone to pay for the locals through their cable company.  That of course suits the cable companies just fine.  Just wait then for annual channel re-negotiations and watch our bills really go up and up.

[end rant]

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

You are not going find one either.  You have a choice of either waiting it out until ATT and the channel agree on a price.  And/or get an antenna (assuming you are in range of the station) and avoid all these annual local channel re-negotiation headaches for all your locals.

And if you think moving to another carrier is a solution, remember all the carriers go this crap when their agreements run out with their various locals.  Moving to another carrier may solve your immediate problem with that one particular channel but it will happen to whoever you move to as well eventually.

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

7 years ago

Some of the sub channels are networks and are carried on U-verse. Two of them are Heroes and Icons and The Elrey Network. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks guys. At one time 46 was the main WTHR channel and then they decided to put 13 on RF 13. I could no longer get it, after that. So for a while, they put WTHR also on 46. Apparently, no more, lol.

I'm in a different house now but have no antennas connected so I can't check. I will say that at the other house, I complained that I was having reception problems OTA to WTHR via email and the chief engineer came out to my house 😮.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I can get NBC on directv now, what I will miss is MeTV!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

Huh, both are still out on uverse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.