Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

• 

9 Messages

Sat, Oct 17, 2020 2:11 PM

My set top box keeps needing to be rebooted because it locks up

The set top box is always showing gears now. I have to reboot it all the time. I think I need to get it replaced.  DOES ANYONE WORK THERE????? I THINK NOT

A grievance also

WHY THE HECK HAVE A CHATBOT??? IT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS HANGS UP ON ME! One time I used your system on the phone and was talking to the robot voice about something Uverse related and needed assistance from a real human and I had to wait TEN MINUTES! only to get connected to a voice which immiediately told me that he was a phone tech and I had the wrong number?????? WHAT????

Responses

baseballisback

ACE - Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

a month ago

800-288-2020 will always work to connect you to technical support.

Depending on when you call, the wait might be a bit longer. I've seemingly had better luck if I call in during the week before about 7pm.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

@baseballisback I did call that number and talked to the automated voice. It asked me all about my issue at the time, my remote control. Asked me all sorts of questions which did pertain to my issue right down to did I change out the batteries. The robot decided it could not fix my issue and was needing to connect me to a live support representative. I waited 10 minutes for the person to answer.... A male forign voice answered I told him the problem then he said "I am a cell phone technician" I had the wrong number. I HATE AT&T (not quite as much as comfinity or whatever they wanna call themselves.)

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

Where is everyone?? I need help and  I refuse to use the phone number because I am NOT waiting 10 minutes for the WRONG department! It happend and IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!

My set top box keeps needing to be rebooted because it locks up

The set top box is always showing gears now. I have to reboot it all the time. I think I need to get it replaced. DOES ANYONE WORK THERE????? I THINK

NOT

A grievance also

WHY THE HECK HAVE A CHATBOT??? IT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS HANGS UP ON ME! One time I used your system on the phone and was talking to the robot voice about something Uverse related and needed assistance from a real human and I had to wait TEN MINUTES! only to get connected to a voice which immiediately told me that he was a phone tech and I had the wrong number?????? WHAT????

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

a month ago

Sorry, but this is a user to user forum.  Sometimes you will get a reply from an AT&T Employee in an official capacity, but that's hit or miss.

As long as you refuse to use the phone number, you will continue to have problems, as it does sound like your receiver has died on you.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

Thank you @JefferMC I have given up. I guess ComGarbagity is the only answer...

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

a month ago

Keep tabs on how many times you call in for the same issue.  It does matter.  

ACE - Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

a month ago

Even if you switch and have problems, you'll have to call in to them.

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

But @baseballisback the main reason for me being put off here is that AT&T forces the robot answering machine on me and it takes me through troubleshooting steps then it connects me to the wrong department after waiting an amount of time I find out and now I am frustrated.

Get started...

Ask a new question