lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello,

I am having the same issues. We have had AT&T out to try to fix the problem and couldn’t figure it out so they just left. We are having a lot of issues with this and connection is lost approximately 2 times while watching a DVR 1 hour show. This shouldn’t be happening, especially as often as it is. In fact, AT&T will be out tomorrow but still don’t know what to do for it. Would it be worth a shot to get the Motorola WAP? 

Thanks,

Ashley 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I still have this problem. It seems to be a problem with the wireless receiver. I lose all recordings and have to reset system. Needless to say you miss programs. AT&T hasn’t fixed the problem nor do they care to. I get told different then nag about why and then I’m promised it will never happen again. I will look for a different alternative when my contract is up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've started having issues with my wireless receiver too. Worked perfectly the couple years, never had to reset it once over that period. Then I would periodically have to reset it and go through the steps for the access point to find it. It slowly started happening more often and usually wouldn't reconnect unless I unplugged the receiver for a while versus the manual reset on the receiver. It started happening about once a week until earlier this week. I managed to get it to reconnect, just to lose connection the following evening. When I got it to connect the following evening it only stayed connected about 15-20 minutes before losing connection and it has refused to reconnect since. It can't be interference since equipment location hasn't changed in the 4 years that we've live at this house. No clue if it's the receiver or the access point. The online diagnostic didn't show any issues. Guess I'll be spending a lot of my free time on the phone with tech support over the weekend, because there's no way I'm wasting my entire evening with that after working all day.

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

6 years ago

Welcome to the club

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

my uverse is trash....constant pixels...freezing ....and dropped signals...called for help..and was diverted to 4 different people with no results...several techs came to home with no results.. I would not ever tell any friend or family to get uverse..it a constant head ache ...to witch I will discontinue 

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

6 years ago

how do you login to the wap?

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

6 years ago

we were watching tv yesterday & all of a sudden the wireless receivers wants me to set it up again

I tried multiple times but it will not reconnect to the WAP

I have my WAP next to my Gateway

Any Suggestions??

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

First suggestion... move the WAP at least 3 feet away from the gateway.

Once you've done that, do a whole house reboot.  Unplug all the AT&T gear.  Then plug in the Gateway and let it come up.  Then the same with the DVR.  Then the WAP.  Then your wireless set top.

Let us know how that works for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Will changing the channel on the AP work if my other receivers are all CISCO, my access point is CISCO but the new receiver that is not pairing, is Motorola?  I have the IP address pulled up for the AP but the username and password don't work.  Can you assist?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I solved this problem by hard wiring the TV receiver via ethernet. The wireless is a pain (and a piece of junk IMO). Wired will reboot/reload much faster and eliminate all of these annoying wireless issues. Most TVs have ethernet now anyway, so many people likely have an ethernet connection by the TV.

It would have been nice if AT&T had used the hard wiring when they did they initial install.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.