Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Mar 9, 2018 7:49 PM

MSNBC

VERY PLEASED that I before I  finalized the subscription plan I chose, I noticed was no MSNBC. The chat rep said it is not available on any subscription level. It used to be as I had Uverse at this address when it was first available and watched MSNBC. I didn't know that Sinclair Broadcasting  or the Koch Brothers had that much control over AT&T.  It's just as well since cable companies are soon to be relics. Lucky catch on my part.  I'm glad I sold my stock at around $50 nine-years ago. It's now down around $30 and I'd sell it today no matter how much I'd lose. To exclude MSNBC is simply bad business. Perhaps 35% of the country will subscribe. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

It's on channel 215 and 1215.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

2 years ago

As stated, MSNBC is available in both standard (215) and high definition (1215) and included in U200, U300 & U450.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
qw545

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

2 years ago

After reading the initial post I went on an AT&T Uverse website to see if it was possible that not all levels of service might include MSNBC.  The page that I used compared the channels that were available on each of the service levels.  MSNBC did not show up at all.  If the CSR was relying on that information then I can understand the faulty info they he gave.  I contacted Uverse service and let them know what I found and they said they would escalate the issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

2 years ago

I found the same mistake on the same web page.  I knew MSNBC was available but not showing on the channel guide.*

I did manage to find out that MSNBC is not on UBasic or UFamily (the two lowest packages) but is on U200 and higher.

*One of the many reasons asking questions on these forums is more reliable than calling CS!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

MSNBC

After reading the initial post I went on an AT&T Uverse website to see if it was possible that not all levels of service might include MSNBC. The page that I used compared the channels that were available on each of the service levels. MSNBC did not show up at all. If the CSR was relying on that information then I can understand the faulty info they he gave. I contacted Uverse service and let them know what I found and they said they would escalate the issue.

• 

1 Message

Same problem two years later. Caused me all sorts of time consuming delays and confusion about my service. I am switching to ComCast aSAP

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

To repeat the same info from 2 years ago: MSNBC is available on every package EXCEPT U-Family (UBasic is no longer available).