For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CowboySnoopy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 4:03 AM

Movie Coupon cant use

I was sent a movie coupon code & I have no place to enter it in the On Demand section. The coupon does not show up at all & the "free" movie I should have is no where to be found. The help section on the faq's says to go to the My Offers in On Demand, but that section is not listed, so I can't manually enter in any code. Why does U-Verse send codes & say to enter them when there is no place to do so? The only movies that are listed in the coupon section are 50% off ones, not the free one.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@CowboySnoopy wrote:
I was sent a movie coupon code & I have no place to enter it in the On Demand section. The coupon does not show up at all & the "free" movie I should have is no where to be found. The help section on the faq's says to go to the My Offers in On Demand, but that section is not listed, so I can't manually enter in any code. Why does U-Verse send codes & say to enter them when there is no place to do so? The only movies that are listed in the coupon section are 50% off ones, not the free one.

I agree,

They completely changed that page on the TV.  let us know what you find out here.

chiefdore

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

After being on the phone with billing & talking with some chick that refused to give me her name & employee iid & didnt know what I was talking sbout. She even had me on hold for 10-20 mins at a time & was telling me that I had to make sure certain channels were on my tv, e.g. the pay per view, that is where I entered my code. What!? She knew nothing! Finally I talked to Jeff who said my code is their end on how to enter in the free stuff & they didnt know it had been changed over & would get it to the attention to the IT dept to change how its done. He said my free movie would show up as a .1 credit on my bill, I would initially rent the movie but would get credited it. He even gave me an additional free movie for the hassel of the other chick. I was on the phone for over an hour an a half before I got the supervisor & I asked to talk to him within 20 mins of being on the phone with the chick who refused to tell me who she was. I hope she got fired or written up or something.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@CowboySnoopy So how do you enter the free movie code?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

You can't enter the code. Its only the company that does. Codes are no longer being used by the customer to enter, even though the help faq says we the customer are supposed to. At&t have yet to change the help faq section & if you get the free movie & don't see it on your coupon screen, call & talk to the billing dept to let them know about it before hand would be my suggestion. I still have my email that says we were given a free movie & if for whatever reason it does not come off on the next bill like I was told, I'm calling back, talking to the supervisor & forwarding it to them, posting it to facebook & showing it that we are supposed to have the free one & their system is messed up.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@CowboySnoopy Something tells me you will be calling back.  I have had success ordering a movie when emailed a coupon back when I the user could enter the code.  Then I was billed the full charge of the movie + all taxes.  I was only credited back $5.99 if I remember correctly.  Still had to pay the full taxes on the $6.00 so the free movie cost me about $3.50. 

I do not see how your renting a movie is going to match up to some coupon that is supposedly on your account.  Just sayin..... Maybe there are miracles

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

When we used to enter the code ourself it worked great! I probably will end up calling back & having to forward the email to them to prove they sent it to me. Plus the supervisor said ge would give us another free one on top of that, so if we decide to use that, I'm sure I'll be calling in about that one too. As long as I don't ebd up with that one chick again I'll be ok with that.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.