Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Japher's profile
Japher
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

 • 

84 Messages

Tue, Feb 3, 2015 10:45 PM

More Showtimes. Error code:401

Anyone else seeing this and know how to fix ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

 • 

21K Messages

7 y ago

Reboot your system including your RG, DVR and all STBs.

ACE - Expert

 • 

21K Messages

7 y ago


@Japher wrote:

Anyone else seeing this and know how to fix ?


Nope.  Any program in particular?

Japher

Mentor

 • 

84 Messages

7 y ago

Every channel.   It started happening 4 days ago.

Japher

Mentor

 • 

84 Messages

7 y ago


@skeeterintexas wrote:

Reboot your system including your RG, DVR and all STBs.


That is partially right.   Rebooting the DVR/STBs fixes the issue, but it has to be done

through the web page.  Doing it by pulling the power doesn't resolve the issue.

ACE - Expert

 • 

21K Messages

7 y ago


@Japher wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Reboot your system including your RG, DVR and all STBs.


That is partially right.   Rebooting the DVR/STBs fixes the issue, but it has to be done

through the web page.  Doing it by pulling the power doesn't resolve the issue.


Good to know that restarting fixed your issue.

 

I've had Uverse for over 7 years and I've restarted many, many times with the plug/unplug method to solve any problems. 

 

I didn't even know you COULD do a reboot via online.  I wonder why one is different than the other.

Japher

Mentor

 • 

84 Messages

7 y ago

If you go through the trouble shooting stuff under myatt.att.com and tell it everything failed to fix the issue .. it will offer an automated reboot .. you can do it for the DVR/STBs as well as the RG (different path to get there). It is even nice enough to tell you approximately how long it will be before things come back online. For the record, it says 6 minutes for the DVR/STBs and 15 minutes for the RG. Based on those timings, I'm presuming that they are doing something more than just clearing the error logs and memory

 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Japher

Mentor

 • 

84 Messages

7 y ago


@skeeterintexas wrote:

@Japher wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Reboot your system including your RG, DVR and all STBs.


That is partially right.   Rebooting the DVR/STBs fixes the issue, but it has to be done

through the web page.  Doing it by pulling the power doesn't resolve the issue.


Good to know that restarting fixed your issue.

 

I've had Uverse for over 7 years and I've restarted many, many times with the plug/unplug method to solve any problems. 

 

I didn't even know you COULD do a reboot via online.  I wonder why one is different than the other.


I'm guessing that doing it online forces a reload of the os or firmware.   I tried explaining how in a previous attempted post but made the mistake of reference the website, so it got bounced for a ToS violation.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.