Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
DPatz's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 8th, 2023 1:04 PM

Closed

Missing channels

Been without CBS and Fox59 for 6 days now bc of issue with direct TV and nexstar.   I have UVERSE.    Att (Edited per community guidelines) 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

WGN and other terminated channels owned by Nexstar

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

11 months ago

Did you see this on your screen?

or maybe this

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 months ago

Nexstar wants double the money they were getting.

AT&T wants to keep their rates low.

Go AT&T!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

11 months ago

FTR, here are the competing Press Releases, in the interest of getting letting both companies tell you what a dirty dog the other one is. 

Nexstar

DIRECTV

After having read both, I think DIRECTV either has a more compelling case, or at least better Press Release writers.

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Since we no longer get channels that carry NBC, FOX, and other channels, can subscribers expect  refunds/reduced rates?  We should not have to continue to pay for canceled channels.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

11 months ago

You can get a one time credit of $10 by visiting https://tvpromise.com and requesting the credit.  The actual channels provided by your package is not fixed and can and does change regularly as carriage agreements expire and new ones are signed.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

11 months ago

Go to tvpromise.com & follow the directions for a $10 credit.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 months ago

AT&T didn't cancel anything. Nexstar pulled their signal because they demanded exhortation.

You can also call 800-288-2020, politely threaten to cancel and see what they'll offer. I got $30/mo off for a year just a few months ago. In addition, I'm also paying $60/mo for Internet 1000.

Keep in mind that it's up to you to monitor when promotions expire and either cancel the new programming or negotiate a new rate.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

11 months ago

Great minds….  😜😜😜😜

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

11 months ago

@addissax  Read your TOS. AT&T, or any provider for that matter, guarantees the service but not specific channels, for this very reason. It's not entirely AT&T's fault, station owners pull this "stuff" all of the time when it comes to re-negotiating the carriage agreements, and they make it sound like its the provider's fault, when in actuality it's greed on the owner's part. Pulling their network feed is a common practice to force the provider to capitulate to their demands. Your rates will eventually go up, they always do, but if AT&T pays what Nexstar is demanding, expect your rates to go even higher a year from now.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 months ago

Heck, the rate increase is about 6-7 months away.

What I find interesting is that DirecTV Stream is the same corporation, but much lower prices. If I'm not mistaken, I could switch and essentially go up a tier for basically the same price. There's at least one channel on u-300 that is available to all DirecTV Stream customers.

It'd be eye-opening to see why the discrepancy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.