Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
goot6936

Professor

 • 

1.8K Messages

Sat, Jun 7, 2008 12:15 AM

LOT8's...

Wonder whatever happened with that anyways..  Used to be a popular topic around here, and now I never see so much as a whisper about it.  Pretty sure that there are still people who want it though, right?

Responses

RCSMG

Expert

 • 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Tutor

 • 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Is it normal for the The Weather Channel to go to green colored snow for a few seconds before the Local on the 8's?  Anybody else seeing this?

 

What do you think, it is a sign of things to come?
showtime48

Master

 • 

5K Messages

12 years ago


arlobanks wrote:

Is it normal for the The Weather Channel to go to green colored snow for a few seconds before the Local on the 8's?  Anybody else seeing this?

 

What do you think, it is a sign of things to come?

 

i'll check, where are you located?...
Dennis
showtime48

Master

 • 

5K Messages

12 years ago

wow that's exactlly what happened at 12:58. don't know what it means. i'll watch 1 more time at 1:08...
Dennis

Tutor

 • 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Here is a video for everybody else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dtJ8QRerY

 

I am located in Alpharetta, GA, located right outside Atlanta.  We were one of the first areas to get U-verse over here in the former BellSouth territory.

 

Message Edited by arlobanks on 08-27-2008 04:02 PM
showtime48

Master

 • 

5K Messages

12 years ago

happened again, i think it's just focusing on all the green on the national map, hope i'm wrong...

 

didn't happen at 1:18...

Message Edited by showtime48 on 08-27-2008 01:19 PM
Dennis
sean3300

Scholar

 • 

169 Messages

12 years ago

The snow was exactly what mine was doing about a week or so ago when i was getting the LOT8's here in Magnolia, it would show snow first, then the actual local on the 8's would come on the screen.

 

Sean

 

Uturnaroun

Professor

 • 

3.5K Messages

12 years ago

I wonder if maybe the snow could be a sign of LOT8s to come. It could be AT&T interupting the i-star feed (assuming one is in place) and then switching to the headend. They might want to try a simultaneous rollout.

 

But this is all speculation of course.

showtime48

Master

 • 

5K Messages

12 years ago


Uturnaroun wrote:

I wonder if maybe the snow could be a sign of LOT8s to come. It could be AT&T interupting the i-star feed (assuming one is in place) and then switching to the headend. They might want to try a simultaneous rollout.

 

But this is all speculation of course.


 

with the WOD trials going on in TX i don't think that's it, could be wrong...
Dennis
sean3300

Scholar

 • 

169 Messages

12 years ago

I have had LOT8 here in Magnolia, in matter of fact i will get the local id for you as well too....

 

I think they plan on doing this on top of the Weather On Demand as well too.

 

Some people just prefer to watch the weather channel, especially the older crowd as well.

 

My Take,

 

Sean

randyl

Master

 • 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago


sean3300 wrote:

I have had LOT8 here in Magnolia, in matter of fact i will get the local id for you as well too....

 

I think they plan on doing this on top of the Weather On Demand as well too.

 

Some people just prefer to watch the weather channel, especially the older crowd as well.

 

My Take,

 

Sean


 

        be sure and put batteries on your shopping list for the camera :smileyhappy:
sean3300

Scholar

 • 

169 Messages

12 years ago

There is alot of things I need to do, but time plays a big factor into these things as well. I work for a large airline company as an IT Engineer, so not got the time like some other people do.

 

I will get around to taking pics of it really soon though, promise everyone that also.

 

Sean

 

Uturnaroun

Professor

 • 

3.5K Messages

12 years ago

Ok, we'll be waiting. Just remember, it's better late than never. :smileywink:
spd2demun

Expert

 • 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

The utube vid looks like what we all see now (hotel weather)? 

showtime48

Master

 • 

5K Messages

12 years ago

you have to look for the snow right before the hotel weather starts. it's suppose to look green...
Dennis

Get started...

Ask a new question