Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am paying for Fox channels and they remain unavailable. Either get it fixed or lower my bill. A lot of upset customers Saturday when the Chief's game unavailable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. I am a Direct tv customer and was promised an antenna. I waited 7 days and went to Lowe’s on Saturday. Clearsteam 4max 70 mile range antenna provides a my local channels and never has a bill. Very high quality picture.

ACE - Expert

• 

31.8K Messages

5 years ago

@Nosunday wrote:
Thank you. I am a Direct tv customer and was promised an antenna. I waited 7 days and went to Lowe’s on Saturday. Clearsteam 4max 70 mile range antenna provides a my local channels and never has a bill. Very high quality picture.

What is being offered to some in an area affected by negotiations is their Local Channel Connector (LCC). This is not a antenna itself (though comes with a simple indoor one as part of the kit). It is an accessory that allows you to connect a antenna to the 2nd or 3rd generation Genie (HR44 or HR54). You can use your own antenna with it of course. This is to allow you to get the over-the-air (OTA) free broadcasts through your DirecTV box instead of having to switch your TV input between antenna and DirecTV, plus you are able to record from those channels.

Because of high demand from those in a negotiation area, plus the LCC is still in testing (wasn't nationally launched yet), stock is probably limited.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@CHRIST.TN wrote:

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET CHANNEL 2 ABC BACK?  IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH.  THIS IS WITH DIRECT TV.  WE ARE MISSING GAMES AND MY GMA IN THE AM.

Whenever NexStar, the corporation that owns Ch 2, allows DirecTV to again carry their signal. 

Contact NexStar and request that they allow DirecTV to deliver Ch 2 while negotiations continue. In the meantime, use an off-air antenna to receive Ch 2 for FREE the "old fashioned" way. And ask NexStar why providers like DirecTv, Dish, and Comcast should have to pay anything for FREE off-air channels. 

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

Juniper ***** will be here shortly to explain why you are
confused, why it is not ATT's fault and why you are not entitled to a
refund. Any profit ATT has realized since the negotiation impasse is solely
theirs, and as a lowly customer you have no recourse but to complain here.
More people need to actually leave ATT instead of talking about it since
they obviously do not care about anything short of their profit margin.

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Expert

• 

31.8K Messages

5 years ago

@rsbh60 

Please don't assume to speak for others. In my prior post I was clarifying what the LCC is.  And specifically it is an accessory for DirecTV equipment only, not U-Verse as there doesn't appear to be any similar option on that side..

You may disagree with my perspective and opinion on some things, but at least I have done so politely without attempting to insult anyone. Let us keep any discussions civil, shall we?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

5 years ago

Call the retentions office. They took an additional $10 off my bill today. The other option I had was to triple my internet speed for the same price.

I'm paying:

$89 for U-300 with HD, HBO/Cinemax included in that price.

$30 for 100 Mbps internet. (It was $40 before today's call.)

$20 for home phone.

$0 for one DVR with two wireless receivers.

Plus local taxes.

Call in during regular business hours. Be nice to them and see what they can do. When you post on a customer-to-customer forum, they don't know who you are...but if you call in, they can get your information.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Juniper, {keep it courteous} will be here shortly to explain why you are
confused, why it is not ATT's fault and why you are not entitled to a
refund. Any profit ATT has realized since the negotiation impasse is solely
theirs, and as a lowly customer you have no recourse but to complain here.
More people need to actually leave ATT instead of talking about it since
they obviously do not care about anything short of their profit margin.

Pretty accurate post!  
BTW, when you call the help line in India, in my case they told me that "broadcast" channels were free so, I was not eligible for any price break.  While there may be no specific charge on your bill for broadcast TV, let's get real, AT&T never gave anything away.  Whether or not there's a specific charge for broadcast TV, it's factored into you bill!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

31.8K Messages

5 years ago

@phytoplankton wrote:

BTW, when you call the help line in India, in my case they told me that "broadcast" channels were free so, I was not eligible for any price break.  While there may be no specific charge on your bill for broadcast TV, let's get real, AT&T never gave anything away.  Whether or not there's a specific charge for broadcast TV, it's factored into you bill!!!!

From that info I would expect that agent has not been with DirecTV long. When locals were first available they were listed as a separate charge and were optional. From other posts it appears there are a small set of people who are on very old packages where the locals are listed as their own item. Years ago DirecTV included the locals into the package cost. If you are in an area with no locals at all, there is a no-locals version of the plan that is cheaper.

However even if the number of locals available change, as long as you are getting one then there is no price difference. This is because the charge is access to locals, not a guarantee of any specific channel. It would be impossible for TV providers to promise any specific channel would always be available as they don't own them. This is why in the Terms of Service they have a clause that the channels may change at any time. As such, no credit is required, but if you call you 'might' get a credit as a courtesy.

Personally I would love if locals were an optional item again as I would consider only using antenna instead of letting locals use us customers in these negotiations. Or at the very least the cost was tailored to your address instead of being the same for all customers. That way if a local affiliate in another market raises cost it would not affect my bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It has almost been a month since we have not had access to NBC. Unfortunately for us, many programs we watch are on that network. Missing the British Open and possibly The Voice (coming in September), is a deal breaker. To add salt to the wound, we received our monthly bill for the full amount. There should have been a credit, particularly since we are not receiving what we are paying for.  This is a great disappointment. This is our first experience with ATT cable and Internet and may be our last.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.