Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

You will need to contact support using the chat. No one here can do anything about it. Go to https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/directv-now to discuss with a support rep.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

I think we need a consumer union of ATT customers that bring our voice
together and put real pressure on this company. The one off messages on
this chat board do nothing, ATT could care less if 1,000 customers complain
on here and threaten to leave. But if we all got together and organized we
could put real pressure on them to be more transparent with their
negotiations, billing practices and how they treat new customers over
loyalty.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I don't know who you are as an administrator representative, but from what I and others have read as a response from the nfl is that AT&T never approached them to negotiate keeping the channels on uverse. According to what they have reported as fact is that AT&T pulled the channels from uverse to promote their newest cable promotion. I DONT LIKE LIARS AND AS A FORMER AT&T EMPLOYEE OF 25 YRS, I DONT LIKE PAYING FOR SOMETHING I DIDNT ASK FOR. YOU ALLOW OTHER GARBAGE THAT NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH, BUT YOU TAKE AWAY PROGRAMMING WE PAY FOR WITH NO LOGICAL SOLUTION OTHER THAN ALLOWING THE GREED FACTOR TO SQUEEZE ALL YOU CAN FROM CUSTOMERS. NOT EVERYONE HAS OPTIONS YOU'RE PROPOSING. EVERYONE'S CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIFFERENT AND WE ALL PAY A HIGH PRICE TO BE ABLE TO WATCH "DECENT AND ENJOYABLE" TELEVISION.  ALL I CAN SAY IS "POOR & CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED THE QUESTION OF "THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM" WITH A CUSTOMER-CENTERED ACTION OR ANSWER! 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

For everyone asking when and why regarding the channels heres what you need to do go down to your nearest Walmart go to the customer service desk and ask them because they will know just as much as anyone in these public forums and anyone you could call at directv

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

You need to solve this problem or I will take it as you breaching our contract..hmmm maybe someone else would be interested in my business there are ather ones who would love to have it....so stop dragging your feet and get it back on!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Yotym1 wrote:

You need to solve this problem or I will take it as you breaching our contract..hmmm maybe someone else would be interested in my business there are ather ones who would love to have it....so stop dragging your feet and get it back on!!!

Only NexStar, the corporation that owns Ch 8, can fix this. They want more $$$ from DirecTV.  

And it's not a breach of contract. All TV providers go though these crazy negotiations, so their contracts protect them when station owners yank their signals. Changing providers won't help because they all go through this.  Contact NexStar and tell them to allow DirecTV to deliver Ch 8 while negotiations proceed.  And ask them why TV providers have to pay them anything for FREE off-air channels. In the meantime, have you tried using an off-air antenna?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

CBS has been removed from lineup. But AT&T (DirectTV Now) said it was back? Two conflicting messages 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

This has been reported many times already. You can google to get more info but:

AT&T has started to warn some subscribers that as part of this new deal with CBS AT&T must strike a deal with each CBS station’s owners before it can be added back to DIRECTV NOW and AT&T TV NOW. In the past, CBS negotiated on behalf of all the local CBS stations. (That is why all CBS locals went dark when CBS’s contract with AT&T ended.) Now it seems that CBS’s new contract no longer includes rights for independently owned and operated CBS affiliate.
AT&T’s new deal with CBS owned locals, CBS Sports Network, and the Smithsonian Channel all return to AT&T owned streaming service soon. Sadly one thing left out was the fact that some independently owned CBS stations still have to strike a new contract with AT&T.

Scholar

• 

229 Messages

5 years ago

@Nosunday an antenna is available, but only if you're a DirecTV customer.
Unfortunately there's nothing for uverse customers, so we're on our own to
get an antenna.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET CHANNEL 2 ABC BACK?  IT HAS BEEN OVER A MONTH.  THIS IS WITH DIRECT TV.  WE ARE MISSING GAMES AND MY GMA IN THE AM.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.