Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Is the NFL Network coming back to at&t Uvers? Or do I have to change provider or are we getting a discount till NFL Network comes back!

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

No.you need direct tv, ATT is rolling out a new service in the upcoming months  which is supposedly direct tv without need for a dish, you will use a roku like box. https://www.att.com/tv/?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

If you want a discount, call the retentions office during regular business hours. For missing one or two channels, the discount would probably be $2-3 or so. By calling the retentions office, you can probably get $20-30 or more if you play the right cards. Maybe you'll even get additional channels/packages. Of course, you'll have to make a reminder to call back before your bill goes up to the then-current prices.

As far as if a channel is "coming back" the truth is that nobody here on this customer-to-customer forum knows. The Scripps-owned channels came back. Hallmark came back. NHL Network came back. CBS channels came back.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

5 years ago

This is a continuing issue with AT&T and reflects what seems to be a total disregard for its customers. As a corporation you certainly seem to have plenty of money to spend on some very questionable interests - why not spend a little to live up to the commitments you have made? Many of us purchased uverse packages specifically for the channels included .... very much including the NFL network .... now you are not providing this important part of the package and yet are making no attempts to (1) correct by effectively renegotiating with the provider, (2) offering customers a viable alternative to receive the channel, (3) offering customers a reduction in the cost of the package that you have willfully diluted. I don't know why AT&T feels that it is allowed to the luxury of not living up to its commitments without repercussion - gosh, doubt they'd be so forgiving if we all just arbitrarily decided to withhold payment for the amount(s) we feel our packages have been reduced. Come on, AT&T - use some of your vast wealth to provide your long term and loyal customers with what you promised. We are not even asking for a reward for our long dedication .... just you to live up to your obligations. You owe us at least that - along with an honest answer as to whether or not this is just another step to drive us all off of uverse.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

You need direct tv, they are winding down the u-verse service, will not be selling it anymore in the future , so I don't think they will be adding channels to a service they will not be selling in the near future

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

You can switch to direct tv, are you aware that ATT will be rolling out a new service in the near future which will basically be direct tv without need for a dish   https://www.att.com/tv/?

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

No, you will need direct tv

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

According the article everyone keeps pointing us to the CBS affiliates owned by CBS should be back on.  And in that same article is says TAMPA is one of them.

I’m in Tampa and I have Directv Now and still get the same message on CBS saying there is a dispute.

What gives?

TIA

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, we had hoped to prevent Nexstar’s stations from leaving your lineup and asked Nexstar to allow you to keep them during negotiations. Click here for more: https://soc.att.com/2TkYCrx

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

5 years ago

It looks like you're in the same situation as I am here in Atlanta.  The TV Station owned by CBS in both markets is the local CW Station. (WTOG in Tampa). Your CBS Affiliate (WTSP) is owned by Tegna.   AT&T now has to work out an individual agreement with all owners of CBS affiliates. They may or may not have worked this out with Tegna. I'd suggest going to www.tvpromise.com and enter your zip code (Be sure to select "DirecTV Now" in the drop down menu). This should tell you whether there are any channel disputes in your area.

If there aren't any, then you should get your CBS station back fairly soon.  This whole process seems to be taking a ridiculous long time. You may also want to do a chat with DTVN just so they know you're unhappy with them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.