Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How much longer for solution is resolved with NFL network and wate 6. NFL Thursday night football has started pre season for NFL network and wate 6 is sec football and Tn Titans channel along with prime time shows like The Goldbergs. If not resolved within next 2 weeks I will have to find other provider for TV and internet. I don't wont to but you leave me no choice. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

The NFL network has been gone since April.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Batman3 wrote:

You have deleted several channels my family likes to watch.  If this can't be fixed then we will use other services.

Channels have not been deleted. There may be 1 or 2 channels in negotiation for their next carriage agreement. And a few channels earlier this year did move around what packages they are in.

So what channels are you talking about? More details please.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Exactly what can be done to get them back and resolve other issues like
wate6. This has got to stop. NFL in April is not missed during off season.
Come on people get it together for your clients.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I called DTV and asked about my cancellation options. I'm in a market where Nexstar owns 2 networks, and football is coming up soon. LCC is not compatible with my Genie 2. After all of this they said I was in contract still and I couldn't get out of it unless I pay them an exorbitant cancellation fee. Just thought I would let everyone know.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@sragnetti wrote:

I called DTV and asked about my cancellation options. I'm in a market where Nexstar owns 2 networks, and football is coming up soon. LCC is not compatible with my Genie 2. After all of this they said I was in contract still and I couldn't get out of it unless I pay them an exorbitant cancellation fee. Just thought I would let everyone know.

TV providers do not own the channels so cannot force them or guarantee in any way they would always be available. DirecTV and Nexstar are working on their next carriage agreement, that is all. What made you think that a little local or 2 would waive your ECF?

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

5 years ago

I too live in the Knoxville, TN area (Sevierville)  and lost WATE ( channel 6) with Uverse......until an agreement ( renegotiation between Nexstar and AT&T) is reached the best advice I can give you is to go to your local Walmart or Best Buy and purchase an indoor antenna.....I purchased one about a week ago and now have WATE as well as all the other prime time channels......I was able to get 22 free channels over the air via the antenna.  Hope that helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

You offered me $5.00 for my missing channels, my favorite shows!  How about decreasing my bill!!  Or how about I just change servers. Att U verse goes out all of the time anyway!  NBC!!  If I’m going to miss college football games I will definitely change servers.  This has gone on long enough!  

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

How about decreasing my bill!!

You bill will be decreased!  By that $5 a month for however long they are offering that for your specific account (I'm guessing one month).

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

{keep it courteous}

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.