For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

This is beyond ridiculous having NBC & Fox blacked out for a month now... Every year they pull the same old stunts... I'm done with AT&T... When my contract is up I'm canceling everything... All the good shows have gone to streaming services anyhow. I'll get my internet from a different provider after all this, thank you very much... Local channels I'll happily stream or maybe hook up an antenna...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Im fed up with all of you, dish, direct cable. Your no better that a used car salesmen. Promises,  promises with no action. We pay more for crap on Tv now than ever. When TV was free it at least had something to watch.  Now this. So how does it feel AT&T to be asked for more money out of your pocket? Obvisiously not very good because we your customers are the ones suffering because you wont pay them. I want a price adjustment because you are not offering what im paying for. I shouldnt have to ask you for that adjustment, if you value me and everyone else whose being effected by Nexstars decisuon you should already offered an adjustment. Its called customer service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

How much more are you willing for our bills to go up so that AT&T/DirecTV can pay Nexstar what they are demanding? Increased costs for the business means increased cost for the customer.

Since packages are the same cost regardless of how many locals are received (12, 24, or just 1), and Terms of Service have a clause that programming may change at any time (all TV providers have this as they don't own the channels), they are not required to provide any compensation.

Though not required, AT&T is proactively offering some compensation. Instead of having you call in, they have updated their info page with an option to check if you can get any credit for this situation. It may not be much (after all what is 1 or 2 channels compared to your individual package), but they would be reasonable in comparison. https://tvpromise.att.com/

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

When TV was free it at least had something to watch

Those same stations that were free are still free the same way they have always been. By putting up an antenna and receiving the station over the air. TV over satellite or cable has never been free.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

The same crap programs are on the free OTA channels, No provider controls what the channels do with their programs.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

I picked up an indoor HD antenna for about $60, connected it to the TV and
get all the local channels I had plus about 20+ other channels I did not
have. As soon as my contract is up I am leaving and will most likely go
with the antenna and a streaming service. I may watch a dozen channels with
u-verse so it is crazy for me to be paying these rates every month when I
don't use 90% of the material. I think the fact that two corporate giants
are looking for ways to get more money out of the consumer was the nudge I
needed to cut the cord. Both are greedy and whatever happens with the
'negotiation' I assure you it will not result in a lower bill for the
consumer. Your bill will either stay the same or go up and if it stays the
same it most like;y will mean you are getting fewer channels.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When I called Customer Service, I was told that I would get a credit on my bill since I was not able to NBC at this time.  My bill did not have a credit for loss of a major channel and NBC is still not back on.  Why no credit like I was told there would be?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dkflat Depending on your billing cycle and when you called, it may appear on the second bill.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

thought there's always been NFL Network on DirecTV according to contract regulations with NFL Sunday ticket. 

But not on uverse

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

So could it be that the reason for the removal of the NFL Network was due
to no agreement being reached for the Sunday ticket to be on uverse?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.