For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

So how much more to you want to pay to get it back?  Have fun moving to another provider when your new one is hit with this problem.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for posting the real info regarding why local stations are getting dropped, not the pablum that AT&T is shoveling at us.  I'm giving them a week to get it fixed or it's adios AA&T/Direct-TV and hello Dish.  If we lose CBS I'm gone immediately.  Talked to Direct TV, no reduction in my bill or additional channels, they wanted to send me an antenna, just what I need, more equipment.  I pay them (a lot) for my service, maybe not much longer!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I see there is no credit on my bill for being without these channels all this time. In fact my bill is $1.30 higher than the previous billing when I had full access to all the network channels. This puzzles me. If AT&T and Nexstar are thinking we will just keep paying and not receiving they are mistaken. Contact or not we are not getting the tv promised so maybe it’s time to move on. And while they are both pointing fingers at each other viewership, ratings and customer bases will continue to drop. Work it out people or take my wallet out of the equation. Getting old and very frustrating.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

The 1.30 higher suggests maybe a discount has expired or a package/equipment was added.

Regular rate increases are once per year in the first 2-3 months.

If you want a credit, I would suggest calling in. The local channel fee to be without one (maybe two) affiliates is part of $5/mo. Any promotional offer extended by the retentions department would he much better than part of that $5/mo. I've been getting $30 or more off per month for the past several years.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah amazing how we’re locked in a contract 😜 but when they have problems
“Oh well” with no discount or any insensitives. I’m with you dish here I

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I Want to know why two sides can't come to an agreement of KNWA NBC/FOX/NFL Network... You Can't use your DVR which your paying for extra money for that DVR service yet ATAT thinks everybody uses Directv no offense but I'm not a big a Directv Fan I prefer Cable It does better when it rains and the signal doesn't go out now back to my point ATAT is trying to get everybody with Directv to switch to the Connector to connect to the Antenna they have on there Satelite but yet those who have ATAT U-Verse they basicly telling us were out of luck and have to go buy our own antenna can't even record our fav shows like master chef and america's got talent I've come to realize there isn't much else on tv that I care for anyway at the end of my contract I'm seriously thinking of going somewhere else or trying something like youtube tv. It' s Called Corporate greed and the blame game no one is ever at fault except for the two parties that can't agree... They ought to be ashamed of themselves.....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

When am I going to start receiving NBC broadcast TV again?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If no agreement is reached between nexstar & directv I will be unable to watch my regional nfl games on fox. Will I be able to watch these games on Sunday ticket even though ticket normally blacks them out?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

No. They will still be blacked out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.