Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I went to watch the news tonight and it said the same.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

You can also download the NBC app .
I'm watching days now . Lol
It's free

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Best Buy sells an attenna cost 20$ plugs to the back of your tv.. also comes in handy when weather is bad . Cause 13 is the one to watch 👊🖐
Also NBC has a free app. Nighty news is in the line up,
I just downloaded it so I could watch my soap .
Days our our lives.
WTHR needs to charger advertiser more . And not go after the consumer !!!!!
I hope this helps

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks kudos, thats my show too.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

Then the advertisers raise the price of their products so the consumer still pays more.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Do you all realize that streaming everything through Sling or ROKU will soon put you all out of business????  I think you should honor the contract that you have with your customer and supply all of the local stations as promised regardless of how much of a pay cut it means to your CEO.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 years ago

Directv is honoring the contract with you. All tv providers have in their terms that channels are subject to change. So you are never guaranteed how long a specific channel may be available. Streaming is strong, which is why they also came out with a new separate service called DirectvNOW, but it will not put them out of business. Too many people do not have good enough internet (or no internet at all) to make use of streaming services. Probably won't see a good enough countrywide internet in our lifetime to make that an issue for satellite tv.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to figure this out about NBC why do you want more money for your station I will just go to another cable company drop direct tv

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

Like everything else their costs are going up that causes the customer to pay more and since they need more money to pay for everything they want a raise, that raises the cost and around and around.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Nbcnbc wrote:

I am trying to figure this out about NBC why do you want more money for your station I will just go to another cable company drop direct tv

Sure, you could do that.  But all service providers, including cable companies, go through these same crazy contract disputes.  Be sure to contact your local station and its owners and ask them why companies like Comcast and DirecTV should pay anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.