Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jul 5, 2019 4:33 AM

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

2 years ago

The FCC determines what locals you get, DTV has no say in it and the same with Dish and all TV providers.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can someone at least give us an update on how the negotiations are going if at all!!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

2 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum no one here knows what DTV is doing.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Xtratired wrote:

Can someone at least give us an update on how the negotiations are going if at all!!

No. Nobody here knows that information.  And DirecTV never discusses on-going contract negotiations. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

2 years ago

...and your NBC affiliate won'ttell you either

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Xtratired wrote:

Unfortunately negotiations are behind the scenes so neither Directv or the local affiliate will give you an update during them. Only once negotiations are finished will we get an answer. In the meantime you could use an over-the-air (OTA) antenna to pick up whatever locals are within range, and there is no monthly cost for locals as they are free OTA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I would like to complain to NBC. How do I do that? It's a free channel over the air waves, so I'm furious with NBC that I missed

America's Got Talent because I didn't watch NBC with my antenna. I think I may take the antenna down, as I don't want

the aggravation.  

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@clouds4ever wrote:

I would like to complain to NBC. How do I do that? It's a free channel over the air waves, so I'm furious with NBC that I missed

America's Got Talent because I didn't watch NBC with my antenna. I think I may take the antenna down, as I don't want

the aggravation.  

Look at the station's web site to see who their corporate owner is. There should be contact info there for you. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please don't go to Dish Network they are not any better they add channels on to your account without your knowledge whatever they quote you on the phone is not what you actually pay and I heard that channel 2 was removed from Dish Network the service is bad their customer service  is bad they don't care about their customers and I would really really really think twice about going to them 

txakura

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

2 years ago

Taking your antenna down is pretty much like cutting off your nose to spite your face.  I get most of my local channels via DTV (but not all), but I use my Tivo to record all local channels.  For two reasons:  1. Picture is better, since it hasn't been compressed like it is through DTV, and 2. It's here just when it's broadcast, and not delayed because of the shuttle from ground to 22+ thousand miles and back again.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

2 years ago

@clouds4ever

I would suggest not taking your antenna down. Channel negotiations with any TV provider has no affect on your antenna coverage as you are just getting the free over-the-air (OTA) broadcasts. You may even get channels that either your TV provider doesn't have at all, or might be from a neighboring market that your TV provider couldn't provide you themselves per Federal regulations.

So the OTA antenna can be a backup for any TV provider, or even compliment it if it brings in additional channels they cannot provide you.

Generally going to a pay TV provider is for the national channels, not your free locals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Its been too long and our favorite shows are on this channel? ........................

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Ceolindalinda wrote:

Its been too long and our favorite shows are on this channel? ........................

You've read this thread, right?  Call the company that owns your local NBC station.  If that's KSL in Salt Lake City, the owner is Bonneville. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

What is an OTA ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

When, if ever, can we expect to get the local NBC affiliate back on?????  Paying a premium price and not getting a lot of the shows I used to watch every day.

Get started...

Ask a new question