Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I don't know about who's doing what with NBC butt we all pay all this money to have our local channels and that means all of them and if we do not and I speak for everybody we do not get our local channels back we will be forced to drop DirecTV and go elsewhere

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We just had the same message come up for our NBC network. EVERY year we go through this. We live in Nevada BUT we can not get any Nevada stations. I switched a few years ago from Dish because when I call DirecTv they promised me (yes it was recorded) that we could get the Reno stations. The installer came, hooked us up and WHAM no Nevada network channels and when I told him that I was told I could get the Reno stations he informed me that in fact no I couldn't as our area is covered by the Salt Lake City, Utah channels!! I DON'T CARE what goes on in Utah!! When I called the customer service rep said yes we are in SLC Utah jurisdiction. When I informed her that wasn't what I was told when I switched she said in so many words that what I said was not true. I then informed her it was recorded so she should look that up and listen. To compensate they took 10.00 off my bill for a year. BUT my bill continues to go up up up!! I think this is the final straw, going back to DISH!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

6 years ago

The FCC determines what locals you get, DTV has no say in it and the same with Dish and all TV providers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can someone at least give us an update on how the negotiations are going if at all!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

6 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum no one here knows what DTV is doing.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Xtratired wrote:

Can someone at least give us an update on how the negotiations are going if at all!!

No. Nobody here knows that information.  And DirecTV never discusses on-going contract negotiations. 

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

6 years ago

...and your NBC affiliate won'ttell you either

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

@Xtratired wrote:

Unfortunately negotiations are behind the scenes so neither Directv or the local affiliate will give you an update during them. Only once negotiations are finished will we get an answer. In the meantime you could use an over-the-air (OTA) antenna to pick up whatever locals are within range, and there is no monthly cost for locals as they are free OTA.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to complain to NBC. How do I do that? It's a free channel over the air waves, so I'm furious with NBC that I missed

America's Got Talent because I didn't watch NBC with my antenna. I think I may take the antenna down, as I don't want

the aggravation.  

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

6 years ago

@clouds4ever wrote:

I would like to complain to NBC. How do I do that? It's a free channel over the air waves, so I'm furious with NBC that I missed

America's Got Talent because I didn't watch NBC with my antenna. I think I may take the antenna down, as I don't want

the aggravation.  

Look at the station's web site to see who their corporate owner is. There should be contact info there for you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.