For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 26th, 2020 2:40 PM

Closed

ksdk/nbc channels????? in st. louis

Unfortunately, so far, DIRECTV and AT&T U-Verse have refused to reach a fair, market-based agreement with us. If a deal is not reached by 7:00 p.m. CST on November 30, DIRECTV and AT&T U-Verse subscribers could lose access to KSDK. come on ATT

dont forget who pays for this service, i guess we can cancel and spend our money some where else, which would be phone, internet, & uverse,

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

TEGNA

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

I’m in the same market, I’ve got Directv. This happens every year or every other year. I don’t recall channel 5 ever going dark, they have always reached an agreement. However, are you really OK with KSDK demanding more money? Why should they get paid for something they give away free over the air? Why should they get more money from cable and satellite providers who are doing them a favor by delivering their programming to locations their over the air signal can’t reach? Seems to me they should be paying the tv providers, not the other way around. You do realize we are the ones paying for their demands. I’m rather tired of my bill going up every year.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

Tegna must have started their crawlers.  Second post from one of their stations today.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@JefferMC Yes, they have. Actually started last night.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

I wish both sides would be required to disclose their idea of  "fair, market-based" during the negotiations.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

I agree with Jeffer.

What is "fair" for a customer to pay when that customer can get it for free (and uncompressed!) with an antenna? Essentially, all we're doing is paying for the right to record shows and even then, there's an app that shows go on the day after. Even if they take away access to the archives via the NBC app, the Peacock app is a good value.

The TV providers make the channel owners look bad by wanting to raise rates. The channel owners make the TV providers look bad by refusing to cowtow to increased carriage fees.

Eventually, that all comes out to that "Local Channel Carriage Fee" which goes up and up every year.

On a related note, the owners of my local NBC are running a crawl about DISH not wanting to pay up. I think DISH is in something like eight different disputes (and now maybe Nexstar) and they haven't had HBO in well over a year.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

If AT&T U-Verse losses KSDK/nbc channel, there will be one less customer.  I will be spending my money with another cable company.  Might switch internet, too. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

{smh} At least take the time to learn a little bit about the situation before forming opinions. It's a little like politics.... matter of fact, it's a *lot* like politics...

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have had U Verse for years and would be very disappointed if KSDK were dropped.  Please settle this!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Really, first because of the Nielsen ratings we lost our local channels in Springfield Missouri, now these two can't agree, maybe it's time to look elsewhere for phone, tv and internet service.  

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

I don't think Nielsen ratings have to do with channel owners pulling their products.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.