Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

8 years ago

...and it's really that channel 6 is threatening to drop DirecTV, not the other way around. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please keep news 9 and the other programming we love on channel 9.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I understand that AT&T is currently in the process of reaching an agreement to provide CBS programming to it's U-Verse customers, via Griffin Communications. I can tell you that, as a resident of Oklahoma, the best television station in which to obtain credible news information and the very best in weather coverage (I live in Moore, Oklahoma. That should tell you quite a bit) is KWTV in Oklahoma City. I adamantly request that you keep KWTV programming available to your Oklahoma U-Verse customers. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I don't know what y'all are thinking. The majority of Okla is made up of rural communities with a large number of retired folks. Why are we loosing our programming on CBS. The great weather n news we get from our local channel 9 is depended on by the whole state of Okla. Since you have merged with direct tv I have noticed there are way toooo many infomercials. The monthly fee for tv is way to high. We have to buy a larger pkg just to get a few extra channels. The rest of the channels are not worth watching or all infomercials. Just a note for you. We have contacted a lot of the local direct customers and everyone is ready to drop your company. There are a lot of direct customers here in this area so be prepared to loose them all.

From a very dissatisfied customer that's going to cancer you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

keep news 9. It is the only channel I watch for news and weather.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

8 years ago

@PLO209 wrote:
I understand that AT&T is currently in the process of reaching an agreement to provide CBS programming to it's U-Verse customers, via Griffin Communications. I can tell you that, as a resident of Oklahoma, the best television station in which to obtain credible news information and the very best in weather coverage (I live in Moore, Oklahoma. That should tell you quite a bit) is KWTV in Oklahoma City. I adamantly request that you keep KWTV programming available to your Oklahoma U-Verse customers. Thank you.

Have you called the station and told them how much you like watching them on U-verse and you'd hate to have to watch a different station?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

8 years ago

@amunn83 wrote:

Because AT&T needs to know that it matters to people before they decide to make rash decision....  AT&T has gotten a lot worse since they bought DirecTV and seem to feel like they can do what they want.  I am personally getting tired of the way their attitude is, I will probably be leaving AT&T before long if things don't change.

@amunn83, I hope you realize that this is just the normal end-of-term re-negotiation of the restransmit agreement where AT&T has to get permission from the station to show you their content.  They have to pay the channel owner a fee for what you could watch for free over the air.  Why don't you contact the station and ask them to ask a fair price to make the negotiations go more smoothly and quickly, eh?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

8 years ago

@kephartgrandma wrote:
I don't know what y'all are thinking. The majority of Okla is made up of rural communities with a large number of retired folks. Why are we loosing our programming on CBS. The great weather n news we get from our local channel 9 is depended on by the whole state of Okla. Since you have merged with direct tv I have noticed there are way toooo many infomercials. The monthly fee for tv is way to high. We have to buy a larger pkg just to get a few extra channels. The rest of the channels are not worth watching or all infomercials. Just a note for you. We have contacted a lot of the local direct customers and everyone is ready to drop your company. There are a lot of direct customers here in this area so be prepared to loose them all.

From a very dissatisfied customer that's going to cancer you.

@kephartgrandma, they are thinking that their agreement with the channel owner that grants them the channel owner's permission to show their content is up at the end of December.  They need to negotiate a new price for the content that you could see for free using your antenna.  Why don't you call the TV station up and ask them to negotiate a fair price with AT&T, or do you just enjoy being the TV station owner's pawn?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We watch CBS more than any other network. If it is canceled we will be leaving U-verse. Please don't force this option on your customers. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We love KOTV Tulsa Channel 6 - CBS and do not want to lose them because AT&T is not being cooperative.  Please come to an agreement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.