Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

We intend to keep KOTV and KQCW in your U-verse line-up but the stations’ owner Griffin Communications is threatening to block KOTV and KQCW from reaching your home unless they receive a significant increase in their current fees – just to let you keep watching shows that remain available for free over-the-air on channel 6 and channel 19 and often online at cbs.com and cwtv.com. Our goal is to resolve this matter quickly, privately and reasonably. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

this is very unfortunate that you are deciding to discontinue carrying news9.  This is my favorite local news station plus many other programs.  What is the reason you have made this decision?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Please keep providing programming for New 9 in Oklahoma City.  This is the only CBS station in our community.  We depend on this channel for news and weather. Please come to an agreement with this station by tomorrow so we can keep the CBS programs.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Attention AT&T Executives: Please do not pull News On 6 off the air. News On 6 is the #1 Network in Oklahoma with AT&T subscribers. Enough is enough. #KeepNewsOn6

Attention AT&T Executives: I am a loyal News On 6 viewer and an avid CBS and football fan. I do not want to miss my favorite programs or the games. Please keep News On 6 on the air! #KeepNewsOn6

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Broncobill wrote:

Please keep providing programming for New 9 in Oklahoma City.  This is the only CBS station in our community.  We depend on this channel for news and weather. Please come to an agreement with this station by tomorrow so we can keep the CBS programs.

You are directing your plea to the wrong party. You and all of your friends need to call Channel 9 and demand that they tell the owners of the channel, Griffin Communications, to give AT&T a fair price to sign a new contract instead of the outrageous price they (Griffin Communications) are asking. Tell them you do not want to lose Channel 9 due to Griffin Communication's greed.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Greenlea wrote:

this is very unfortunate that you are deciding to discontinue carrying news9.  This is my favorite local news station plus many other programs.  What is the reason you have made this decision?

You are talking to wrong party in this contract dispute. AT&T has NOT decided to discontinue carrying news9.. The blame is with channel 9's owner, Griffin Communications, who is asking for an outrageous fee from AT&T in order for AT&T to continue carrying the channel. You will be losing Channel 9 due to Griffin Communications's greed. You and all of your friends need to call Channel 9, and let them know you will not stand for Griffin Communications to be so greedy.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@miley16 wrote:

Attention AT&T Executives: Please do not pull News On 6 off the air. News On 6 is the #1 Network in Oklahoma with AT&T subscribers. Enough is enough. #KeepNewsOn6

Attention AT&T Executives: I am a loyal News On 6 viewer and an avid CBS and football fan. I do not want to miss my favorite programs or the games. Please keep News On 6 on the air! #KeepNewsOn6

Attention, Miley. You need to address your concerns with Griffin Communications, the owner of Channel 6. Due to their greed by asking for an outrageous fee from AT&T in order for AT&T to continue carrying the channel, you may lose that channel. You and all of your friends need to call Channel 6, and let them know you will not stand for Griffin Communications's greed.

_______________________________________________________-

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm just curious as to whether or not AT&T knows how many beyond extremely upset subscribers they will have if they are unable to negotiate a deal with CBS? Not even worrying about any of the other programs that will be interrupted, just think about this one: Super Bowl 50. Not everyone wants to have to go somewhere outside of their own home to be able to watch the game. If only for that one program, alone, it's almost guaranteed that U-Verse will lose a large number of subscribers, along with a lot of money, if a deal is not reached. It's also pretty obvious that any deal reached will cost a lot less than the amount that would be lost through the very large amount of account cancellations that can be expected, were this to play out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Dear AT&T,

This is the primary channel that I watch on UVERSE.   They have the best weather reporting which is important since I commute a long distance each working day.   They have the best local programming.   The quality of most channels on UVERSE is very poor.   This channel is very good.    Do not drop them!

Sincerely,

Ray

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am inquiring about the possibility of losing news channel 9 on AT&T Uverse. We love our uverse channels, but will be switching to Cox if AT&T does not come to terms with News Channel 9. We watch several shows on this channel, so PLEASE keep News Channel 9.

Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.