Dc080x's profile

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 18th, 2015 12:48 AM

Keep News 9 / News on 6 / CBS (Oklahoma)

One of the things that makes me and my family stay with Uverse TV is Our local Channels!
I rely on News 9 in bad weather! They have the best local coverage for Oklahoma

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

we have spoken to 2 customer service reps with att that said they did not know what we were talking about... So our calls were ignored... 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Tluvsadventure wrote:

we have spoken to 2 customer service reps with att that said they did not know what we were talking about... So our calls were ignored... 

We intend to keep KOTV and KQCW in your U-verse line-up but the stations’ owner Griffin Communications is threatening to block KOTV and KQCW from reaching your home unless they receive a significant increase in their current fees – just to let you keep watching shows that remain available for free over-the-air on channel 6 and channel 19 and often online at cbs.com and cwtv.com. Our goal is to resolve this matter quickly, privately and reasonably.

This from Fighting for You.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@Tluvsadventure wrote:

We intend to keep KOTV and KQCW in your U-verse line-up but the stations’ owner Griffin Communications is threatening to block KOTV and KQCW from reaching your home unless they receive a significant increase in their current fees – just to let you keep watching shows that remain available for free over-the-air on channel 6 and channel 19 and often online at cbs.com and cwtv.com. Our goal is to resolve this matter quickly, privately and reasonably.

This from Fighting for You.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Chris: In my response to all of these Channel 6 and Channel 9 posts, I have urged the poster to have all of his or her friends call the two television stations in order to demand that Griffin Communications offer a fair price to AT&T, and not be so greedy. I have put the blame on Griffin Communications.

When the poster threatens to go to another provider, I ask the poster if they have a guarantee or assurance that this will not happen with their new provider. I tell them that all television providers have contracts with local television channels that come due whent he contract ends.

_________________________________________________________________-

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Keep News on 6 Programming!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Our primary station for information and shows is the local CBS affiliate, News 9, owned by Griffin Communications. We understand AT&T and Griffin Communications are having a difficult time coming to an agreement. We certainly hope AT&T management can come to an agreement to continue carrying the CBS programming provided by News 9 and Griffin Communications, an Oklahoma family owned local carrier.

My family also wishes to continue enjoying the programming provided by our AT&T U-Verse services. However, we will be compelled to change all of our services to COX if our favored programming (CBS - News 9) is no longer carried by AT&T / U-Verse.

Please continue carrying CBS and News 9.

Jeff [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and U-verse for over 5 years. I also have my business phone and internet through AT&T U-verse.  I live in the greater OKC metro area.  I just saw on channel 9 news that U-verse might be dropping KWTV channel 9 from its programming.  I am writing to ask that you leave KWTV on the programming as it is one of the main channels I watch for regular programming and news.  If you drop U-verse drops KWTV from its programming, I will be forced to change to another carrier for my TV, internet and phone service for my home account and business account, this will also raise the issue of my cell service that I have had with AT&T for more than 20 years. I have a family account with 5 lines and if I have to change my home and business accounts because U-verse drops KWTV from its programming, I will most definitely change my cell carrier as well.

Thank you for your consideration,

John [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please do not drop the news on 6 channel, I watch it every day and it would make a big impact on me using this service if there is no channel 6.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Do not cancel channel 9 news in Oklahoma or any other state.  You must reach an agreement as the population relies on this local channel, CBS.

Traveler

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please do not pull News On 6 off the air. We almost exclusively watch News On 6 for all news, life-saving weather (they are the best channel for weather emergencies), sports, and great programming. We have been loyal subscribers to U-Verse for many years and this "negotiation" is very disappointing. We expect our local channels to be part of the U-Verse package. News On 6 is an exceptional station in Tulsa and needs to be included. The bottom line for us is simple; you ditch News On 6 = WE DITCH YOU.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please do not drop news on 6!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.